Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Dominic Biro / Dominanteng.com

40K views 184 replies 41 participants last post by  FocusRacingAustrali 
#1 · (Edited)
*EDIT* I received an email this morning from Dominic. I was told they were on there way. He said I would receive a shipment notification when the shipping label was printed. I did not receive the notification but did find the box on my steps as I was headed out for work this afternoon. Glad to finally have them, still disappointed about the communication issues during this whole process. May 6, 2011.

On March 30, 2011 I ordered a set of rear camber arms for my 02 zx5 from Dominic @ dominanteng.com. He told me that they would take 3-7 days at the powder coat place and then would be shipped out. One month and 15 emails later I have not received my arms, cannot get a hold of him, nor can I file a complaint through pay*pal. First he lost my email address, then he couldn't find my shipping address because it wasn't listed on pay*pal (which it is and always has been. I checked) and now I just can't get a response from him.

#2 ·
I know you somewhat new to the site, but this is a big problem with some people and pay-pal. If you see it saying the money your giving him is a gift or a non purchase of goods, then the person on the other end of the deal is going to beat you for your money.

It should always have a very good description of what is going on, what is being bought, in what condition, when should it arrive, and for what make and model the seller says it fits, this way even if you get it and it doesn't fit or something, you can dispute it with pay-pal if the seller is not responding or avoiding you or sold you something different then what was agreed on.

Now I know this is a online site, but you should not have agrees to sending the money with the receipt saying the money is not for goods.

#3 ·
I've had PayPal for almost 10 years now and never had an issue till now. I contacted them about it, still waiting for a reply. I last heard from him 3 days ago and emailed my address to him twice that same day. I made the payment from my iphone app but never remember anything about it being a 'gift' payment. Just thought I would put up this post just incase anybody else decides they want something from this guy to really think twice about it. I found out about this guy and his site from another member on this site ( DirtBrown) and I guess (Demented SVTF) apparently purchased from him from what I understand. It really sucks because $180 is an entire paycheck for me.

#4 ·
I am really sorry to hear this man, I know what you mean about the $180 being a lot for you, I used to work for stop & shop, and... ugh... the worst experience ever.

but I do hope you get this figurered out, either way be very careful and read everything from a computer before agreeing next time.

#6 ·
just try contacting him again through the website
I've gotten back on his site and the only way I have found to contact him was through his email address. I really wish he had a phone number. I'll just keep sending an email a day until I get them I guess.

Workin @ Domino's for $5.15/hr does suck.

#7 ·
He's also busy himself as a one-man workshop. It may have been a month, but give him some time. He has so much projects going on. The powder coater might also be busy too. He really is a good guy and makes quality parts. It's just that sometime it may take a while to get it pushed out.

If you want to order something from him, I'd suggest doing it over email, and then send him payments NOT through his website, but separately in paypal to his email address. That way you can select your product type.

#8 ·
I believe your blowing things out of line!! Im done business with Dom, no trouble.. Ive gotten EVERYTHING suspension wise you can get from dominant engineering.. Last i emailed him.. HE is VERY BUSY! he does all work himself.. SO pls be patient.. Also he no longer has an account here for certain reasons... NOBODY that i know of, or have ever read about HAS EVER had problems with DOm. Im sure you will recieve your parts soon enough!!! Doms a good guy... Trust in him, be patient!!!!

-Chris

#11 ·
Dom is a good guy and great seller but I agree it has been well over a month and you still don't have them. I recieved all my parts within a month and the order was over $1500..

Dominic does state that its best to pay the paypal fees because he was warned about the gifting money by paypal. Im sure he will make things right and if not shame on him because he has a very HIGH reputation around the forums.

Keep this updated and if he does make right please say so in your top post so this can be removed.

#13 ·
Try living in Hawaii. Gas over $5 in some places, minimum wage $7.25, rent for a small 3 bedroom house is generally $1500, houses the same size go for around $400,000.

Oh and not to mention you have to FLY to travel between the islands.

Sorry to hear about your issue with Dom. There's a few members on here that know him personally and might chime in.

#14 ·
*First post edited/updated*

$5.15/hr is my pay rate because I am a "tipped employee" (delivery driver). I believe actual minimum wage is $7.36/hr. I also believe that the $5.15 is a little higher than the actual tipped employee minimum wage rate ($4.65/hr???) Big corporate companies...they didn't get that way by paying there employees more than they had too, lol. They know if you don't like it, somebody else will.

#15 ·
im a delivery driver too but i get minimum plus $2 a delivery plus tips (tonight i made $120 from 22 deliveries) plus my hourly wage (and im getting a raise next check)
that sucks they dont pay you guys good

but yeah just give dom a little more time and see if he responds like everyone says hes a good guy to deal with

#16 ·
I bought Dominic's car from him and he was great about giving me all th einfo I needed for th epurchase of the car. He picked me up from th etrain station was very nice, took me to the NJDMV to process the BoS and everything. Sorry you had a rough go at it but he was great to me. We still communicate by email, SMS and phone.

#17 ·
I have had Dom make me several custom pieces, bought over $1,000 of things from him. Communication is sometimes a hard thing to do with him, BUT, like other stated, he is very busy. He works for a racing team, does this on the side, goes all over the country sometimes, does BMX and skateboarding and is in competitions all the time, so his time is limited.

I wouldn't worry about not receiving your parts. I'm sure you'll get them. Sometimes I receive emails right away, sometimes it's taken weeks. It all depends if he is at home or if he's out around the country.

For what he does, I give him A+ rep. Sorry about the communication and waiting times, I know it's frustrating!

#18 ·
BTW he is in Atlanta right now and will be looking into this when he gets back to NJ.

#23 ·
I spoke with Dom tonight several times and he did not mention anything about stuff not going out.

#24 ·
Some good new's, update= I received my rear chassis brace & toe link's from Dom, yesterday. Took a little while thou. The part's look great= awesome! Thanx again Dom! Later I'd like to get your rear lower control arm's, they look killer!

#26 ·
Dom is working it as best as he can, honestly I really don't know how he fits everything in. Maybe he should "hire" someone, I'll ask him.

#29 ·
I bought everything he had for the focus and I had no problems this damn thread needs to be burned.

Stop adding to it guys IDK why this isnt closed yet!

#28 ·
I'm sure when you get your parts would not mind the wait, quality is impressive. Have received about 1,500.00 in parts from him and he even lend me his fender roller, I live in Puerto Rico.

#31 ·
Guess you never had anything back ordered.. selling used parts and "middle man" mass produced parts is somewhat different than a small "one man fabrication" shop. He does use a secondary business to powdercoat, so there is time involved in both fabrication and finish, and like you and I he has a life and a job. I'm retired so forget the job part in my case. I have placed orders from many different parts merchants, including some of the sponsors here and have gotten the dreaded "order delayed" or "temporarily back ordered", "out of stocked", etc. The days of stockpiled inventories are long gone, it just doesn't make sense for any business to maintain a large, very taxable inventory that may never be sold, so now we have limited production small inventories. I don't think that Dom is any different and that his small side business (products) are built on a demand basis. I ordered parts from Dom and yes it took some time,but the wait was worth it, the parts are amazing and would order from him again..scratch that I will order from him again. I understand "custom" fabrication and about having a life..

#32 ·
how does anyone get a hold of dom? i wrote him wednesday this week & today. i ripped my bushing out of my lower rear arm trying to put new springs in. i want to see about getting a set of his arms. but can not wait weeks to get a reply. if i not hear from him tonight i guess i will be getting a stock arm.

#37 ·
Poly bushing's perhap's, or a new or used arm!

Wouldn't it be simpler to get a new or used arm, than trying to get & put a bushing in? Have you checked poly bushing's? Howd you rip your bushing adding new spring's? I just remove the 17mm lower shock bolt & the 17mm bolt holding the lower arm on to the trailing arm & don't forget to undue your sway bar end link's too. Then your lower arm swing's down w/ the spring=simple![dunno]

#34 ·
I will be ordering from Dom after I get my coilovers. I unlike some others have researched his product and am aware of the delays that may arise and I know communications with him can be drawn out. I already know what to expect and I know what custom work involves. Not to mention the orders that will be ahead of mine. His quality is the best out there and imo worth the waite. If you don't want to deal with possible delays or the frustration that may arise trying to communicate with him then don't order.

Donald

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.