Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Worthwhile to replace Sony components in '12? titanium?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Gemini8026 
#1 ·
Hey guys, just taking ownership of my new Titanium tomorrow. I got the sedan fully loaded.

I'm an audio buff, but not enough to go stripping apart the Mytouch system.

Anyhow, Ive got a bunch of gear layign around, including some high end Boston Acoustics components. Im curious if they are worth throwing into the doors to replace the mid and tweet. Im aware they like power, but they are quality speakers and may be a worthy upgrade?!

Or no?

Any thoughts, or guys who have upgraded the speakers with something better, without upgrading the power going to them? Thanks for any help!

#2 ·
Absolutley, I replaced my door speakers with BA's as well and changed to a 4 ch focal Amp, the problem I had was with the mounting brackets, I had to do some fab work for these. But they sound great

#3 ·
Hey, enjoy your new car. I have a 2012 hatch with the Sony system in mine. Like you, I love to jam out. The Sony sounds really good but it does lack power that an after market system may have. I put a Kenwood Nav, dvd system in my Fusion back months ago. It has much more power and options than this Sony system. My thought on it is this. I'm not stripping the Sony system out and going through the hassle of an install. It's not going to make any bit of difference down the road if you trade it in money wise. Also, if you wanted to upgrade your system, why spend 800.00 + on the Sony that came with the car ? That's 800.00 wasted in my opinion. I would have gotten one without all that and just put an aftermarket in it. When you go to taking off door panels, etc it is a nightmare. I'd leave it, tune to Hair Nation and just jam out ! Sell that stuff and do some mod upgrades on your Focus. Congrats on your new baby. Hope my opinion helps. :)

#5 ·
Iv swaped out the front speakers to focal ps165, audison sr4 amp and a audison bit one processor. That let me keep the stock head unit and still have full control. That alone be it expensive still got me 60/100 points in a rookie class sound quality comp. Definitely worth upgrading if you want good and loud audio.

#6 ·
Ive got a pair of Boston Acoustics SC60 component speakers... Fairly demanding and not sure if there would be enough juice onboard to power them, or is there?

Honestly, something like a BIT.one is great, but not sure if I want to get toooo crazy. That would be a pricy install.

My last system rocked, and im fairly let down by the end end sony system. I m going to try the center speaker removal this evening to see if it helps much....

Any idea what the front speakers see for RMS power?! And is the center mono paired to them? Meaning, will they gain more power if I disconnect it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.