Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Going racing this weekend!!!

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Kal-EL428 
#1 ·
Yup, That right, I am going racing at my local track on Sunday. I am so pumped because I have missed all the other events (2 other with the club I drive with) this summer due to work obligations. That’s all I wanted to say.

#5 ·
My and one of the guys I “race” with have talked about doing an Auto-X event. But after seeing video people have posted of Auto-X, I don’t think it would even come close to being as fun as a road course.
I could be wrong...

#8 ·
Today was track day and I had a blast! Notiable kills at the track. BMW M5, Pontiac G8 GXP (over 400hp), Corvette C6 (only in the turns, he killed me on the straights) and the best, my buddies 99 Mustang GT with a few mods.

The highlight of my day was after one of the sessions where I was playing around with the C6 vette, a few of his friends who were not racing, came over to see how my car was so fast. And I quote, “what the hell you got done to that little blue car?” My response, “nothing at all, I am 100% stock and my tires are not even as good as the tires that came stock.”

I love my SVT!

#11 ·
I like that!!
That’s one of the areas that I was killing my buddy in his GT stang. After the long straight going about 90mph, I would out brake him every time, by what looked like 50 ish feet judging by the breaking markers on the side of the track and make it through the 90 degree turn with way better speed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.