Focus Fanatics Forum banner

How to replace OEM rear speakers for zx3

4K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  freemind 
#1 ·
Please tell me that the speaker covers simply clip off. I wish its that simple!!

#2 ·
OH NO my friend, it's a bit of a task. The entire panel must be removed. It's kinda tricky the first time, but go with the flow and you'll figure it out. It's not too hard, it's just kinda big so it makes it fun. Their are a few clips on the bottom and one or two tricky ones you need to lift the back seat for, once all the clips are removed it pops up and off.

#3 ·
The clips are very easy to rip off of the panel. Are you amping the rear speakers?

#4 ·
naw just replacing them with aftermarkets. Why these [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]in car designers make their vehicle like this???

#6 ·
As it was said already, the clips pull off the panel pretty easy. Not much you can do about it, just have some glue handy.

#7 ·
I tried to remove the rear panels and honestly I dont wanna risk injuring my hands and fingers. Its not worth it for me to risk injury. I'm going to take it to a car audio shop and pay them to do the hard work.

#8 ·
ha, sorry you didn't have good luck.

#9 ·
BTW last week after calming down, I was able to remove the rear panels to install the rear speakers. I also ran the amp wiring as well. Everything turned out good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.