Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc)

766K views 2K replies 389 participants last post by  roswelltop 
#1 · (Edited)
Let me start off by saying this is a great forum.

Secondly I am not here to solicit any business, I'm here for you guys and ladies to help out with any questions releated to the Focus.

I've done this on F-150 forums and it's very helpful for them.

Here's what I can help out on. Please read all of this before you ask a question so we aren't asking the same question 40 times!

1. Need to find a specific new vehicle and your local dealer not helping? Just give me your zip code and what you're looking for and I'll try and find one close and let you know how the invoice pricing breaksdown.

2. Incentive information. All I need is your zip code and last name and I can check if you qualify for any private offers such as brochure $750 offers or anything else. Also if you're college grad. and have other offers I'll let you know what you can combine and what you can't.

3. I cannot tell you why Ford is not giving specific options that you want or when such and such option will be available unless I see it on Ford's dealer site.

4. I unfortunately do not have a crystal ball to tell you what incentives will change to.

5. Also if you ordered a vehicle through your dealership I cannot tell you when it will be there and track it. Only your dealership or the shipping dept can do that.

Lastly I am in internet sales so I generally know what dealerships are capable of selling vehicles for, so if you are wondering if there is money being left on the table let me know.

See less See more
#1,362 ·
ordering process

I ordered a '13 Taurus SHO on Mar 23 and the order number on the confirmation is "0000" with a priority of 19. Now that 1 month has gone by, I phoned them to see what the status of the order is and they tell me that it will not be in the dealership until late June. I asked if they had a VIN yet and he did not, so I then asked how he would know about the ultimate delivery when it had not even been sequenced yet? The sales guy said he was just getting his info from his manager. Do you think they held off ordering for some reason, and is it a coincidence that the order number is all zeros?

It is a large volume dealer, so I wouldn't think quotas for the SHO would have a negative effect.
Comments welcome. Thanks for your service.

#1,363 ·
I ordered a '13 Taurus SHO on Mar 23 and the order number on the confirmation is "0000" with a priority of 19. Now that 1 month has gone by, I phoned them to see what the status of the order is and they tell me that it will not be in the dealership until late June. I asked if they had a VIN yet and he did not, so I then asked how he would know about the ultimate delivery when it had not even been sequenced yet? The sales guy said he was just getting his info from his manager. Do you think they held off ordering for some reason, and is it a coincidence that the order number is all zeros?

It is a large volume dealer, so I wouldn't think quotas for the SHO would have a negative effect.
Comments welcome. Thanks for your service.
Did you give a deposit? You should at least have a VIN, all customer orders are prioritized above stock orders. I would see if I could try again because there is absolutely no reason to not put your order in.

Was there something bizarre about the SHO you ordered?

#1,364 ·
Can the Tuscany Red interior be ordered with any exterior color? I can only seem to find it in my area with Tuxedo Black.

Thank you.

#1,368 ·
SE sport with package 201a

Thank you for all the time you have dedicated towards answering questions on this forum, as I (and likely many others) have definitely learned a great deal from reading all of these comments/replies.

I am looking to purchase a 2012 Focus in the very immediate future. I am interested in an SE with manual transmission and the sports package (as well as other options not relevant to my question). On the ford website, as well as other sites and sporadic user comments, it is said that it is possible to get the SE with a sports package and the base entertainment system, 201a.

The dealership said that in order to get the sports package on an SE I would have to upgrade to package 203a, which doesn't conform with anything I've read. The print out they showed me also said that it is "suggested" that I upgrade, as opposed to something like 'mandatory'.

My question is this: is it actually possible to get the SE sport package without upgrading to 203a? The dealer offered it 'for free', but even if that was true, I would still find this generally undesirable. As I have absolutely no interest in any of these features, I am not willing to buy a Focus if I am forced to upgrade to this package. I am just hoping to get a definitive answer, as I would not want to waste my time/other dealerships time asking if they are able to provide such a car.

Again, thank you for taking the time to answer all of our (mostly) silly question.

#1,369 ·
Thank you for all the time you have dedicated towards answering questions on this forum, as I (and likely many others) have definitely learned a great deal from reading all of these comments/replies.

I am looking to purchase a 2012 Focus in the very immediate future. I am interested in an SE with manual transmission and the sports package (as well as other options not relevant to my question). On the ford website, as well as other sites and sporadic user comments, it is said that it is possible to get the SE with a sports package and the base entertainment system, 201a.

The dealership said that in order to get the sports package on an SE I would have to upgrade to package 203a, which doesn't conform with anything I've read. The print out they showed me also said that it is "suggested" that I upgrade, as opposed to something like 'mandatory'.

My question is this: is it actually possible to get the SE sport package without upgrading to 203a? The dealer offered it 'for free', but even if that was true, I would still find this generally undesirable. As I have absolutely no interest in any of these features, I am not willing to buy a Focus if I am forced to upgrade to this package. I am just hoping to get a definitive answer, as I would not want to waste my time/other dealerships time asking if they are able to provide such a car.

Again, thank you for taking the time to answer all of our (mostly) silly question.
You can for sure get a 201A sport package MT. The problem is finding one, we have 3 in our entire region (6 states). If they give you problems let me know and I'll see what I can find for you.

#1,372 ·
Thank you for the prompt response. Based on what I saw on dealer inventories online (and your comments), it is doubtful that there are any cars with the features I'm looking for out there. Since I was planning on a factory order anyway, I will just have to find a dealer more willing to work with me and give me what I am looking for.
I just ordered a 201A package with sports package.

#1,373 ·
2012 Focus Titanium 401a Hatchback

Imccrea,
I have searched this situation and have not found a duplicate. First, I would like to thank you for the wealth of knowledge and information you have shared. It has help my wife and I solidify our decision to purchase the Focus.

My question is that I am looking to purchase in May. I would like a car that has been built in 2012 in the US plant (if possible). Below are the option we want:

White Platinum
Moon Roof
18" alloy wheels
Black Leather
Sync My Ford Touch
No Navigation if possible
No other options

On Ford's website in the build and price area. The best possible match showed as follows:

Base MSRP: $22,305
Total Options: $3,975
Destination Charge: $795
SubTotal: $27,075
Available incentives: -$250
Net Price: $26,825

I was give a quote from a dealer through a friend of a friend for what I am looking for. The price was $25,298 plus 8% tax. I was told that this was the X Plan price (which I qualify for).

I searched around and found a couple of vehicles, one at McMahon Ford for $23,995. Last four of Vin#: 2093 and one at Bill Pierre Ford for $24,489. Last four of VIN#: 8283

Both of these listed prices are below the X Plan that I was quoted. Am I missing something here or do these prices vary this much and it all depends on the dealer? This is a very important purchase for our family. I have been researching this vehicle for 4-6 months (safety, maintainence, issues, customer satisfaction, gas mileage, etc..). I would like to make sure that I am not missing out on any possible savings.

I have been pre-qualified for the 3.9% @ 60 mos or 5.9% @ 72 mos. What rebates would I be eligible for if any that may be applied to the vehicle purchase? We were sent things in that past but, we were not ready to purchase at the time and those cupons are well expired. Our last name is Todd and w reside primarily Arizona.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Any other constructive assitance from the members here is welcome. Thanks.

JT

#1,377 ·
Imccrea,
I have searched this situation and have not found a duplicate. First, I would like to thank you for the wealth of knowledge and information you have shared. It has help my wife and I solidify our decision to purchase the Focus.

My question is that I am looking to purchase in May. I would like a car that has been built in 2012 in the US plant (if possible). Below are the option we want:

White Platinum
Moon Roof
18" alloy wheels
Black Leather
Sync My Ford Touch
No Navigation if possible
No other options

On Ford's website in the build and price area. The best possible match showed as follows:

Base MSRP: $22,305
Total Options: $3,975
Destination Charge: $795
SubTotal: $27,075
Available incentives: -$250
Net Price: $26,825

I was give a quote from a dealer through a friend of a friend for what I am looking for. The price was $25,298 plus 8% tax. I was told that this was the X Plan price (which I qualify for).

I searched around and found a couple of vehicles, one at McMahon Ford for $23,995. Last four of Vin#: 2093 and one at Bill Pierre Ford for $24,489. Last four of VIN#: 8283

Both of these listed prices are below the X Plan that I was quoted. Am I missing something here or do these prices vary this much and it all depends on the dealer? This is a very important purchase for our family. I have been researching this vehicle for 4-6 months (safety, maintainence, issues, customer satisfaction, gas mileage, etc..). I would like to make sure that I am not missing out on any possible savings.

I have been pre-qualified for the 3.9% @ 60 mos or 5.9% @ 72 mos. What rebates would I be eligible for if any that may be applied to the vehicle purchase? We were sent things in that past but, we were not ready to purchase at the time and those cupons are well expired. Our last name is Todd and w reside primarily Arizona.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Any other constructive assitance from the members here is welcome. Thanks.

JT
Is this a hatch or sedan? I'm assuming Titanium or are you looking SEL?

#1,375 · (Edited)
my snowflake focus

imccrea,

I'm looking for a 2012 Titanium Hatchback
Sonic Blue
Automatic
401A
Winter Package
Moonroof
Nav
Parking Technology Package
Edited to Add: Stock wheels

I'm fine with either of the 17" wheel upgrades (painted preferred), or without the the parking package, but I do not want the 18" wheels / Ti Handling Package.

My zip: 94086
(And if it saves you time, no need to search any of the Northern California Ford dealerships, I've already looked. :)

Thanks so much!

#1,378 ·
imccrea,

I'm looking for a 2012 Titanium Hatchback
Sonic Blue
Automatic
401A
Winter Package
Moonroof
Nav
Parking Technology Package
Edited to Add: Stock wheels

I'm fine with either of the 17" wheel upgrades (painted preferred), or without the the parking package, but I do not want the 18" wheels / Ti Handling Package.

My zip: 94086
(And if it saves you time, no need to search any of the Northern California Ford dealerships, I've already looked. :)

Thanks so much!
different color? none in the US without 18"

#1,384 ·
I have been looking at a Candy Blue SE Focus Hatchback (VIN: 1FAHP3K26CL247627) that has been sitting at my local Ford dealership for a while. My company gives me access to the X-Plan and I hear that there is a $750 cash back offer. Are there any other offers/rebates that I should know about?

My Zip Code is 72032.

Thanks!

#1,389 ·
Hey thanks for doing this thread!

Perhaps you can give some guidance. I'm in the process of looking for a first new car, and the focus is definitely my #1.
I'm looking at getting an
SE hatchback
Manual transmission
Sports package
203a
leather seats
Not picky on colors, but don't like any of the "premium ones"

I found one with the previous specs in gray with cloth seats, and was wondering if you could give a first time buyer some advice on haggling. What type of price should i be able to get this vehicle for?
Is the costco member discount going to provide an advantage? I know they have a $500 rebate, but do they typically sell at a higher price because of this rebate?

I'm located in Jacksonville, Florida and the aforementioned grey vehicle is in Sanford, Florida. Can you provide any assistance with locating near that area? within a few hours drive would be nice, but if they can be switched between dealers it's truly irrelevant.

Thanks for everything!

#1,390 ·
Costco is usually on par with X plan depending on region, just check out your pricing with participating dealers.
Now with regard to rebates most of the US has a $750 rebate plus $750 trade assistance. For first time buyers there is a $500 rebate that is basically matching down payment for what you put down (ex: you put $250 down and Ford matches up to $500).

You want the tuscany red leather correct? I only found 2 in Florida they are both tuxedo black.

#1,392 ·
I'd love some additional details on the leather sport packages. Are they both 203a? Where are they located? The black is my preferred color actually, but I'm not too strongly attached to it.

Thanks very much for responding. I've got a few additional questions regarding first time buyers and student programs.
If I understand correctly, the student program is nationwide?yes it is. I'm currently enrolled in a 4-year university, and if I'm reading it from here correctly all dealers have this. Does this affect the price I would negotiate, or does that rebate come directly from ford? it is a rebate it doesn't affect the price of the vehicle being soldI've been working a bit with the dealer that has the aforementioned vehicle and he says they usually do at invoice for the pricing (I think the salesman works with autonation), is this pretty standard?sounds about right, not a fan of autonation but invoice is fair, what's important is getting the vehicle you want.
Is the first time buyers match also nationwide? it is nationwide yes. just match so you only need $500Also, they match, not double match? so just $500 down is needed to get that additional $500 rebate?

Finally, I've got a question about the MPG of these vehicles. I don't know if you know the answer, but the post your MPG thread is 70 pages long and the the 10 or so pages i read didn't have this.
What is the deal with the MPG on these cars? 26/36 is with titanium handling pkg, 28 38 is just auto and up to 40 is SFE pkg, your ROI is a few years for the SFE because of the added cost. 2 mpg will cost $100 more or less per year. Some I see are 26/36, some 28/38, and I've heard people talk of 30/40. The high end have a SFE or some type of efficiency package, right? Are the 26/36vs28/38 just a change in measuring or was that amended? The one I'm looking at is 26/36 and i want to make sure I'm getting the best model i can. If they're marginally different it isn't a concern.

Thanks for your time! This is very helpful in my decision process

Window Sticker:

Vehicle Description VIN 1FAHP3K21CL 390419
FOCUS 2012 5-DR HATCH SE
2.0L I4 GDI ENGINE
5-SPD MANUAL TRANSMISSION Exterior
TUXEDO BLACK METALLIC
Interior
CHARCOAL BLACK TRIMLEATHER-TRIM SPORT BKT SEATS

Price Information BASE PRICE $18,300

Included on this Vehicle
EQUIPMENT GROUP 203A 1,385
CONVENIENCE PACKAGE
CRUISE CONTROL
PERIMETER ALARM
MYFORD & SYNC PACKAGE
MYFORD TECH/6 SPKR/SIRIUS
SYNC VOICE ACTIVATED SYSTEMS

Optional Equipment
2012 MODEL YEAR
TUXEDO BLACK METALLIC
TUSCANY RED LTHR-TRIM SEATS
.2.0L I4 GDI ENGINE
.5-SPD MANUAL TRANSMISSION
P215/50R17 TIRES
JOB #2 ORDER
INTERIOR STYLE PKG-TUSCANY RED 795
.DR SILL SCUFF PLATE*DLR-INSTL
.FLOOR MATS PREMIUM
SE SPORT PACKAGE 810
LTHR WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL
GEAR KNOB - LEATHER
SE SPORT DISCOUNT PACKAGE
50 STATE EMISSIONS
POWER MOONROOF 795
17" ALLOY MACH/PAINTED WHLS 495
TOTAL BEFORE DISCOUNTS 23,375

RAPID SPEC SAVINGS -190
SE SPORT REGIONAL DISCOUNT -515
NO CHARGE SYNC NATL DISC -395
SE SPORT PACKAGE DISCOUNT -115
TOTAL SAVINGS -1,215

TOTAL MSRP $22,160

#1,393 ·
YGPM thanks so much for the quick response and dealing with my wall of questions.

#1,395 ·
I'll take orders now on them, we'll do $1,000 deposit that can be applied towards the price of the vehicle or if you choose not to put money down then it will be given back.

If you're interested email me the specs you want and I'd be happy to put together something for you.

#1,396 ·
I know this isn't a Fiesta forum, but I figured you could help me out.

I was at a Ford dealership yesterday and I saw this:

After doing some research on fords site I saw this model
http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=3FADP4BJ6CM198326&refid=FV

Where exactly is the vehicle on Fords site located? The location wasn't mentioned.

And why is the dealership version more expensive with less features(besides the spoiler)?

My area code is 33065 if that helps.

Thank you [thumb]

#1,398 ·
Well I feel like an idiot. How did I miss that? [facepalm]

Anyways, whats your honest opinion on the car and the price? I know you work for Ford, but I figured I should ask anyways. In the car I test drove, the lower gears seemed kinda of clunky. I've been looking at reviews online and I haven't heard anyone complain about this so I'm guessing that was just a problem with that particular vehicle and not for all Fiestas?

#1,401 ·
The only dislike I have of the Fiesta is lack of rebate and lack of power. The same vehicle in a Focus would be $21,000 give or take $500 before rebates.

You'd be able to buy that same vehicle in a Focus for under $19,500 vs $17,500 for a Fiesta.

#1,399 ·
What are you hearing in regards to initial ST allocation? Can dealers place orders for themselves? Sounds like they can only place orders for the ST if there is proof of a legit customer linked to the order.

Makes me wonder if the first 1,000 orders who also get the GoPro camera will receive their vehicles in advance of everyone else.

#1,402 ·
What are the chances of a 12 order being accepted this close to the 12 build end? Is there a possibility of Ford declining it? I found the exact Focus I want elsewhere, but by the time it got here would have 800 miles on it. Don't know if I want to do that deal. Dealer I am working with said I could place an order but it might be refused by Ford. Does that sound legit? I would be purchasing under D plan if that matters. TIA!

#1,403 ·
final buildout of 2012 doesn't occur until July so the order cutoff of 5/17 gives you plenty of time to get your order in. Sounds like they just want a now deal vs an order. Can you find a new dealer?

If not I can order one for you via D plan and have it shipped to your local dealer as well.

#1,404 ·
If I wanted to Pre-order a ST I would need $1000 down? For the rest would you run the rest through Ford Credit now? Or when it is ready to ship?
I have been thinking about getting one but I would need to finance it. Thanks ahead of time.

#1,405 ·
You don't actually do the financing until the vehicle shows up, that way you avoid making payments on a vehicle that doesn't exist!

You can finance through any bank, just depends on rates, etc. Our dealership is doing $1,000 down and it obviously guarantees your name on that specific vehicle build. Also in the event a life changing event occurs (lost of job, etc) we will refund the money. We will have no issue selling them.

#1,412 ·
Hey imccrea, I went through this thread and saw you've got some great advice for people - I was wondering if you could help me out?

I'm planning on purchasing (if the pricing works out right) a Focus sedan in about a month or so and had a few questions for you.

What I'm looking at:
- Titanium Sedan (Auto)
- Sterling Gray
- Premium Package, Parking Tech, Moonroof, Handling Package, Navigation

On Ford's website, that comes out to $26,525.

What's the best plan/package I should shoot for to get me the best price? I've seen things about the A/Z and X-Plans, but I'm not entirely sure how they work. For what it's worth, I'm the military so I'm entitled to those discounts as well.

Also, I saw you were saying that the build cut off is 5/17. Does that mean that if no dealerships have what I want in stock (or can't do a dealer trade), I'm out of luck? When will they start taking orders for custom models again? I'm assuming that when it does pick back up, it'll be for the 2013 MY. Are there any changes coming around?

#1,414 ·
Also, I saw you were saying that the build cut off is 5/17. Does that mean that if no dealerships have what I want in stock (or can't do a dealer trade), I'm out of luck? When will they start taking orders for custom models again? I'm assuming that when it does pick back up, it'll be for the 2013 MY. Are there any changes coming around?
I think he was saying the order cut-off is 5/17, they will still be building 2012's til July.
imccrea, I am also interested in getting a idea on pricing. I am looking at a ST, 2013 Fusion or 2013 Mustang. I am eligible for X-plan pricing. If I furnish MSRP and options can you tell me the X-plan price?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.