Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Bad ground??

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Now534 
#1 ·
Hey guys just installed my subs and I have a hmmming noise that changes with the rpms. I have my rcas run down the passanger side threshold and behind the rear panels(zx3) and my power and remote is run under the drives side threshold. And I'm grounded at the lower bolt on the drivers side rear seat mount. I used a wire brush to scrape paint but do you think I could still have a bad ground? Any advice would help thanks

#4 ·
I dunno, I actually grounded mine in the same spot as y'all now that I think about it. You may want to check all your grounds underneath the hood and make sure the battery and the motor are properly grounded and getting a good connection. Also depending on what car you have some have little resistors or noise isolators that are supposed to the do the same thing. I've replaced mine on my focus before though the noise it let through was very small and almost unnoticeable.

#7 ·
What do you have for a deck? Pioneers (i know some older models do this not sure on the newer models) have a Pico Fuse internally that when it blows will create engine noise through the RCA's. Easy solution to this was to wrap a wire around the plug on the RCA out (then plug the rca in to the back of the radio) then take the other side of the wire and wrap it around a screw in the back of the radio (pick one there are a few).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.