Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Bad News from Roush

10K views 44 replies 28 participants last post by  Surfer 
#1 ·
Was really hoping to get their supercharger and body kit...

Timothy,

Thanks for contacting ROUSH Performance.

Sorry, At this time ROUSH Performance does not have any future plans in offering performance parts for the Focus.

Thank You,
ROUSH Performance Products
Customer Service
39555 Schoolcraft Rd.
Plymouth, MI 48170
Phone: 800-59-ROUSH

#29 ·
Fair enough on the supercharger deal. I understand it being to costly/conflict off interest with Ford. However, while aren't they going to offer ANY parts at all??! (So far anyway) I know that I personally would be one of the first to purchase the body kit they designed. I would also be interested in the an intake/exhaust from them. They make quality parts and I think they are missing the boat here. There are plenty of us dying for parts and nobdoy seems to be bringing them to the table.

#30 ·
^ That's what we tried to stress to them at the meeting, but they haven't moved forward from the sounds of it. They have proprietary access to Ford's tuning, they can do more than SCT can. (Their tunes can change something like 10 times more data points.)

I stressed to them if they could be first to market with a tune for 91/93, and offer an intake and exhaust too, they'd be doing well. I just am not sure they are going to do it.

I pitched them this:

Stage 1 Performance: Intake/Tune
Stage 1+: Adds exhaust
Stage 2: Adds header, and re tune.
(If people are seing 175whp without a tune, if they could get 180-185whp with stage 2, I think it would sell.)

Stage 1 Suspension: Lower springs and better shocks.
Stage 2: Bigger sways

Then offer the body kit, both as a full kit, and as individual pieces.

I told them I think these parts would sell, especially since ppl could get the stuff installed at Roush Certified Ford dealers.

#32 ·
This is an awesome idea if they would follow through, especially since SCT is (intentionally?) dragging their feet so bad with the NA version.

SCT got hit up pretty bad on their fb page for not following through fast enough with the NA. They claim that there are 30 different codes and that they have only done one. After the vehicle having been out for over a year-and-a-half...

I understand the political side, but someone somewhere needs to just do something.

Sent from my stupid phone.

#39 ·
Because there is no ECU tune for the car your going to leave.
Pretty much. Might not be a big enough reason for you. But that's what makes you, you, and I, me, as they say. Were it not for the fact that I'd take a massive bath trading in right this moment, I would. I made a not-so-great choice, and lo, I'm paying for it.

Edit: I think what we need is a stickied thread 'Do you want more aftermarket support? Contact these companies!", with the appropriate links. Not only will it prevent repeat 'is there ecu tuning' threads from people evidently unable to use the search function, but it'll be a nice way to keep attention focused on the issue of a lack of support.

#42 ·
Pretty much. Might not be a big enough reason for you. But that's what makes you, you, and I, me, as they say. Were it not for the fact that I'd take a massive bath trading in right this moment, I would. I made a not-so-great choice, and lo, I'm paying for it.

Edit: I think what we need is a stickied thread 'Do you want more aftermarket support? Contact these companies!", with the appropriate links. Not only will it prevent repeat 'is there ecu tuning' threads from people evidently unable to use the search function, but it'll be a nice way to keep attention focused on the issue of a lack of support.
What have you done performance wise since you have had the car?

#31 ·
Well should we put together something to send to them like a list of people interested in purchasing parts if they brought them to market? Brandon Ford here in Tampa, FL makes there own "custom" version of the base focus to sell becuase there isnt a Roush or Saleen style Focus on the market. They have sold 6 of them so far, there IS a market that is being missed by Roush.

#40 ·
I'm in the same boat Comet...I can't stand not being able to fully make my focus my own, if there isn't tuning support in the next 2-3 months I will definitely be switching to the ST or something with decent aftermarket support....i.e. Dart....we have a lot of plans for N/A at this point but we won't mock up anything else till we have tuning as there will be no point in the application if the tuning is not there

#43 ·
WOW didnt Tom at FocusPower and I say this months ago that Roush will just screw us over like they did so many years ago. They are a bunch a d-heads and will always be in my book. Never get your hopes up for anything Roush says they will offer for a 4 cylinder car. Period

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.