Focus Fanatics Forum banner

raced civic ex

2K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  BONOMAN5064 
#1 · (Edited)
stock duratec vs civix ex

Ok so i was out one night and i found my g/f's brother cruizing in his jetta i paired up with him and waited for a street light to turn red so we could race. There was a 95-98 ish civic ex with a fartcan mufler changing lanes eradically behind us like it wanted to pass us but we took up both lanes on the street. My g/fs brother told me the civic guy wanted to race me so he backed off and let the civic pair up with me.
We didnt wait for any light for it was a rolling start at around 20mph i reved it to about 4000rpm and downshifted to second gear and i was pulling on him from the start we went for about 1/4 a block i chirped into third (i was surprised at that didnt know my mostly stock 2.3 could do that) and by about 1/2 of the block i stoped pulling from him and we were pretty much even speeds with his front bumper at about my rear quarter panel. we were going over 70mph in this 30mph area and there was a car about 400ft infront of his lane so i decided to start slowing down and thats when he shot by me and cut me off. [:(!] Im not looking to get anyone killed here.

Ive got a zx3 w/ 16" stock premium wheels and a magnaflow muffler installed and the rear cat or muffler thing removed. and a 1.2" eibach pro lowering.

the civic was an ex with those ugly black steel wheels slammed to the ground with a fart tip muffler from the sounds of it i think he had a modified intake at least.

See less See more
#10 ·
Damn, you better keep it on the track if thet is for real....

#11 ·
wallygator said:
Better watch out. Apparently the may start crushing street racing vehicle if caught.
Apparently? How about something that supports this outlandish claim. Until then the B.§. flag is sitting at half mast on this one.

#13 ·
DAMN you should of smoked him way more than that. I have a 2003 zx3 2.3l with I,H,E and my friend has a 1996 civic ex (d16y8) motor w/ vetec he has I/H/E also. The first time i race him was with just exhaust and i beat him bad by a good 4-5 cars. Then when i race him with my I,H i beat him EVEN WORSE. so the civic you raced must of had more than just intake or something.

#14 ·
heh. maybe a motor swap? Or maybe I still have ways to go on learning how to shift right. Anyways hot damn i didnt know the duratec was so superior to those loud azzed civic ricers i see all the time.
Oh and by the way wakeboarder1987 do you have the pzev 2.3 or the stronger 2.3? i have pzev. [:(]

#20 ·
Dude you should have beat him a lot worse than that. I race a brand new civic ex and I have the 2.0 and beat it by a couple car lengths. Oh, if they wanted to crush my car I would say, "OK but let me kick you in the nuts first."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.