The "Official" Aftermarket Wheels Pic Thread - Page 44 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack

Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack The place to go for answers on wheel types, tire sizes, offset, wheel patterns and more.
Sponsored By:
Tire Rack

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-05-2014, 07:46 PM   #431
Trev FF
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99052
What I Drive: 2000 focus ZX3 SVT

Points 1,335, Level 20
Points: 1,335, Level: 20 Points: 1,335, Level: 20 Points: 1,335, Level: 20
Level Up 35% Completed
Level up: 35% Level up: 35% Level up: 35%
Forum Activity 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%
FF Reputation: 1 Trev FF Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesiel678 View Post
18x8 Styluz M637 +40 w/ 225/40r18 Achilles ATR Sport
with H&R Sport springs (5mm spacer on rear)

Hey, i just bought some achilles atr sports brand new about to put them on this week and people are calling me an idiot and everything because they are a "Chinese tire" (and they're not). Was wondering your opinion on them because you've actually have them. thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2014, 08:43 PM   #432
Deesiel678
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105147
What I Drive: 2013 white SE hatch

Points 511, Level 10
Points: 511, Level: 10 Points: 511, Level: 10 Points: 511, Level: 10
Level Up 22% Completed
Level up: 22% Level up: 22% Level up: 22%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 3 Deesiel678 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev FF View Post
Hey, i just bought some achilles atr sports brand new about to put them on this week and people are calling me an idiot and everything because they are a "Chinese tire" (and they're not). Was wondering your opinion on them because you've actually have them. thanks.
I'd say they were par for a cheap all season tire. I wouldn't recommend them if you have to drive in inclement weather often, or if you like to drive hard.
I drove in snow with them once; they sucked badly. Wet traction wasn't too bad, but wasn't good either. Dry traction was ok. My biggest complaint is that they didn't last very long considering the tread wear rating (400). By the time I replaced them at ~12k miles, they were completely worn. However, I did abuse them so it's my own fault. (3 autox events *8 runs at each event*), 4 runs at drag strip, atleast 3 100 mile mountain runs (hauling ass through the north GA mountain byways), plus commuting 50+ miles per work day. They sucked at autox (no surprise there, it's an all season tire), they sucked at the drag strip (again, no surprise), but they were ok on my mountain runs.

They got very noisy once the got down to about 4/32" of tread remaining.

I personally wouldn't buy them again because they don't work well for my driving style and hobbies, but if all you do is drive easy and don't deal with too much inclement weather, they are fine imo.
Old 10-05-2014, 09:13 PM   #433
sailor
"Elder"

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

Points 9,719, Level 66
Points: 9,719, Level: 66 Points: 9,719, Level: 66 Points: 9,719, Level: 66
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
FF Reputation: 70 sailor Excellent Standing Member
^^^ Tread wear "rating" is assigned by the manufacturer, and is SUPPOSED to rate tires they make comparatively.

No standards for the ratings, they can assign them as they please.

S.R. #275
Old 10-05-2014, 09:48 PM   #434
Trev FF
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99052
What I Drive: 2000 focus ZX3 SVT

Points 1,335, Level 20
Points: 1,335, Level: 20 Points: 1,335, Level: 20 Points: 1,335, Level: 20
Level Up 35% Completed
Level up: 35% Level up: 35% Level up: 35%
Forum Activity 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%
FF Reputation: 1 Trev FF Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesiel678 View Post
I'd say they were par for a cheap all season tire. I wouldn't recommend them if you have to drive in inclement weather often, or if you like to drive hard.
I drove in snow with them once; they sucked badly. Wet traction wasn't too bad, but wasn't good either. Dry traction was ok. My biggest complaint is that they didn't last very long considering the tread wear rating (400). By the time I replaced them at ~12k miles, they were completely worn. However, I did abuse them so it's my own fault. (3 autox events *8 runs at each event*), 4 runs at drag strip, atleast 3 100 mile mountain runs (hauling ass through the north GA mountain byways), plus commuting 50+ miles per work day. They sucked at autox (no surprise there, it's an all season tire), they sucked at the drag strip (again, no surprise), but they were ok on my mountain runs.

They got very noisy once the got down to about 4/32" of tread remaining.

I personally wouldn't buy them again because they don't work well for my driving style and hobbies, but if all you do is drive easy and don't deal with too much inclement weather, they are fine imo.
Thank you for the detailed response. i had goodyear eagle gt's all season they were great! gripped great dry/wet, i autocross also sometimes and i enjoy curves, i mean what guy doesn't. I dont drive in snow, im in NC. if it does snow i got a 4x4 ram 1500. but yea thanks man!

Bookmarks & Social Networks