Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Finally dynoing the Focus 5/2/12

26K views 188 replies 30 participants last post by  FocusBoy58 
#1 · (Edited)
Finally dynoing the Focus 5/2/12 -Results!-

I got an appointment tomorrow morning. It's at Modern Automotive Performance here in MN.

They use a Dynojet 424x.

I'm also going by myself so I don't know how videos will work but I know numbers and a graph will be achieved.

To be honest I'm just hoping for 150 hp at the wheels through the 6 speed DCT . Achievable?

I'll post results tomorrow asap.

Ok.... numbers. [headbang]

Run1: 164.06 HP 145.18 TQ
Run2: 164.35 HP 147.12 TQ Best Results
Run3: 164.14 HP 145.85 TQ

Still uploading the videos via my 4g cellphone I took them on. Taking a little while. Sorry guys.

Graphs.

1:

2:

3:

Youtube URL's (can't find out how to embed an image that you can click on for youtube links)

Testing the downshifting (yes I was wrong before, it does still downshift automatically even in sport mode with you selecting your own gears with the thumb rockers).

Run 1:

Run 2:

Run 3:

See less See more
4 3
#2 ·
You should be getting more than that with your fswerks intake and exhaust. They got 167, and the DCT HP numbers have been about the same, but lower torque. So I would hope for at least 165.

#3 ·
^^^ agreed. The 167 was with your exact setup, FS Werks race exhasut and intake. So conditions pending, you will be close. I'm installing my Steeda tonight since Fedex sucks.

#4 ·
Cool 167 hp at the wheels, that should be about +190 at the crank!

#24 ·
Does Ox-y-GenIII have a stock dyno sheet, really subject to weather and dyno setup if he has no baseline. The number are worthless if you have no baseline. IMHO...

Not worthless but less helpful to others.

#25 ·
i dont think so, but unless his numbers are really far off of expectations, not having a baseline is ok. We know roughly what the starting point should be.

#26 ·
Agree I wouldn't say worthless overall, maybe for him not knowing his exact gains. but overall I have seen like 3 baseline dynos and they have all been between 147hp to 150hp. So if we take his numbers from today we can ESTIMATE amount of gain from his set up. And if he gets roughly 165hp then we know on average people should be getting 15 to 20 hp increase from intake and exhaust.

#35 ·
Damn, that sounds really good (and loud) in the video.

Me wants the race exhaust now [grinking]

#37 ·
Its definitively louder, but it sounds really good.

Also you numbers are almost the same as Fswerks very nice [thumb]

Now we just need focusboy to get to the dyno (come on May 16th)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.