Focus Fanatics Forum banner

02' Focus SPI Build

9K views 101 replies 21 participants last post by  djwrg04 
#1 ·
So i see everyone else starting these things so i figured it start one of my own.

Feel free to post your pics and stuff you have done to your car. Feel free to ask questions and just chat.

I drive a 02 blue SPI focus. I'm just starting mods although i have already done a couple before i found this site. I am currently in the process of painting my vent inserts so we will see how that turns out. I'm hoping to get feedback and give it back to you as best i can. [ffrocks]

#61 ·
I back your decision to make your car look the way you want it to and make it your own even if people here on the forums don't "approve" of. Do you, and screw the rest.
That being said there is no reason to get snippy with other users because they don't like what you have done so far. Most of these guys really know what they are talking about and it's a wonderful thing to get input on projects you are working on, especially with so many people who have painted interior parts of their cars. If you don't want the suggestions or comments then don't complain about how your thread is dying, no one is paying attention to you and making it seem like you are trying to pick a fight. But then again, the problem with the internet is that you can't fully understand the complete motives behind the words written. So maybe I'm just reading all this wrong.

I'm not trying to start anything, just offering my two cents even though it will probably fall on deaf ears.
I do completely apologize if this post is taken the wrong way.

#62 ·
No problems man. Iv work on cars as soon as i could pick up a wrench. Im not the kinda guy to argue unless you tell me what i did and didnt do to my car. Im not mad all i did was tell him i special ordered stiffer springs for an extra $200 but hey all the bull aside let post some pics and keep this thing going.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk 2

#64 ·
I swear, Walmart is the downfall of our cars. back when I drove the focus, I got a crease in the passenger door just behind the driver's door. also got a crease in my passenger side A pillar the same way.

In all honesty though, I am curious as to why the stiffer stock height springs.

#70 ·
I asked it off already it's only 6.5 hours away. 1.5 hours closer than "focus in the field" was.

Nvm your probably on the other side of ohio I was thinking you was by me for some reason. So that most likely adds 4 hours to the drive.

Sent from 34.0764° N, 118.4296° W

#71 ·
Judging and yes I use that term, why? We are on the Internet and we wanna know! Looking at the OP's sig tells me that he would never pay top dollar for stock springs, sorry but you and I know this guy is a sham.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#75 ·
children. please.

What part of the signature says to you "I'm cheap?" It's a reference to people selling parts at ridiculous prices...

It's a legitimate concern, Eibach does make custom springs. Until I'm proved wrong, I will consider these posts as harassment and suggest you find something better to complain about.

I'm very disappointed in people's attitudes lately... it's all very childish.

#96 ·
I stand by my post and am not trying to bash the OP in any way. I have offered constructive criticism. But, really? For a mod like this, we would all like to see. No way does a person spend double the price of lowering springs - on stock springs, and then go on to complain about prices in the BST. I have nothing against the OP or anything that anyone does on this site, if I don't like it, I will let you know.

If a person posts their car on the internet, they are either going to get praised, flamed or both - that simple. Nothing childish in my last post at all.

To the OP, I am sorry that your thread got out of hand, but we all have different opinions. You also should not try to get other people to post pics in your thread, cause I have already seen in this thread how another member thought a pic of not-your-car was yours.

I make my comment in this thread out of respect to your new one. I will be staying out of that one and hopefully for you, it will stay on topic.[werd]

#78 ·
this site is starting to seem more like that other one,since your car isn't slammed,stanced or euro it's trash(no not insulting you it's the mindset of most) but you gotta keep the thread alive by posting pics of your car not by having other people post pics. my car is far from perfect by the way lol but i still try to post

#81 ·
I have nothing against him and what he does to his car I welcome all the ohio members I see. To bad they are never around me but still.

Anyway no body cares that his car isn't lowered. most people think that he is poseing. Via: he put decals of performance mods that he don't own. Via: the springs. They want to see the springs and some way to show they are on his car and all will be happy in car world.

Again I myself don't care, I just hate decals on the paint regardless.

#82 ·
Like me I advertise megan racing. I can show you pics of them when I first got'em. During the install, after they are installed, and my before and after stance pics. But I like to take pics of everything. Hell I even took a screen shot of the computer when I ordered them.

#85 ·
yes i would, i remember this site being friendlier and then checking out the other site and it was like:fresh meat,time for a hazing or drop,tint and wheels lol. not everybody has money to get euro or stanced or svt since ford decides to discontinue everything we like yet the honda kids can get whatever for 90 civic...but yeah stickers on paint i don't like and if they don't have the product on that bugs me as well and my my this has gotten off topic again.

op:buy a sd card adapter and take pics with you phone then upload them

#86 ·
Yea I know several members that are at least a hour away. But I've never meet any of them. Ohio members don't like to drive to meets even if its in ohio. A majority of the members that come to spring into focus are from michigan, and indiana.

I've tried to set up meets but nobody shows, so instead I drive out of state a meet everyone else.

Luckily its a different story for the mazda community, there are several large annual meets and weekly meets around ohio. Some of the best groups and builds are from here, and kentuckty too. Can't wait for summer.

Sorry to also get off subject, lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.