Focus Fanatics Forum banner

02' Focus SPI Build

9K views 101 replies 21 participants last post by  djwrg04 
#1 ·
So i see everyone else starting these things so i figured it start one of my own.

Feel free to post your pics and stuff you have done to your car. Feel free to ask questions and just chat.

I drive a 02 blue SPI focus. I'm just starting mods although i have already done a couple before i found this site. I am currently in the process of painting my vent inserts so we will see how that turns out. I'm hoping to get feedback and give it back to you as best i can. [ffrocks]

#35 ·
What do i care what you guys think. I may have asked but i don't need the bullshit AND your car don't have to be lowered to have springs AND i happened to get ONE exhaust pipe from DC sports and got a decal. I know what i put in my car and i wouldn't put the decals on if the shit wasn't in the car.

#36 ·
I couldn't have been any nicer. I hope your not going off on me. Some members are trying to look out for to keep the rice comments from happening. Yea it's your car and your taste and I hope you enjoy it. Dispite what everyone says I ignore the haters when it comes to my car. But you posted on the net and your going to get bashed if something is done that nobody likes. In the end people may like what they see once they see the whole package.

#37 · (Edited)
First of all, I agree what Ranger says, keep the stickers on the windows! It looks 100x cleaner than on the doors and paint.
As many people have said, you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover unless you've read the whole book first in the same way you shouldn't judge a car until it's finished.
Constructive criticism is completely fine, I've got no problem with that, but its when people start bashing like saying Del Sols' are "Del-Slow" (we all know its true jk) and comments go from constructive to childish people need to either keep their mouths shut and their comments to themselves.
[scream]
That's my little rant for the week.... Anyway!!

I like where you're starting out, I enjoy seeing SPIs getting the love!

You want pictures of other rides so here ya go! (I'll try not to thread-jack) [thumb]

Here's my 2000 SPI Sedan I call "Anya".

(older picture of the front end)

(older picture of interior after SVT interior swap)
Interior shot

Current interior
(sorry for crappy quality, just took these with my phone a few minutes ago)

Engine Bay

(battery cover is usually on)

^^my dad adding some oil to Anya. (old picture with painted stock wheels)

I hope to see you do some more mods soon![cheers]

#44 ·
Very nice car dude, I was also thinking of stickerbombing my centre console, but still contemplating if I should of not..

#49 ·
Miss that car. If its not done by summer I might have to take a trip up to Ohio and see if we can't get the ball rolling if you get a new engine.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

#48 ·
To the OP, if you want to keep your thread alive, you gotta keep us interested in what your doing. If you are bored, go hit up a boredom thread, plenty of them on this site. I am sure you can find the right one for you. This thread is supposed to be about your car, not ours. If you wanna look at ours, look in the rest of the showroom threads. Otherwise, let this one die until do decide to do something to your car.

#55 ·
Iirc, the special order spring kits from eibach start at like $400+ a set?

That's a lot of $$ to lay down for slightly stiffer stock springs!!

Besides, by lowering your car with the stiffer springs(the $200 regular eibach kit), you get a lower center of gravity to help the car roll less in the corners, a stiffer ride, and better handling in general.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

#60 ·
Well this seemed to be a nice thread until these last few posts. Just let it go.

I will say that I'm glad you got stiffer stock springs because you've identified someone for me in case I need em. lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.