Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Confirmation that 13 Ti had interior led's

6K views 40 replies 18 participants last post by  jdubhack 
#1 ·
So there has been a debate based on publish information that 13's not longer have led interior lighting. I decided to removed and take apart the light in my wife's 13 Ti 5dr and low and behold, just what I've been saying.......LED's!

[/IMG]

See less See more
#4 ·
oritpro....... There has been a debated based on pulications that the 13's do not have them.

darkangelism...... That's odd, I could clearly tell mine had them and I had to confirm it when I was being told that I was wrong. What's his build date? Mine is 8/12

#5 ·
I am not sure what his build date is, hopefully he notices this thread. Last week we had my '12 Ti and his '13 Ti side by side and mine are LED and his were not, a huge difference in light output.

#13 ·
True story. My '13 Ti does NOT have LEDs. [bawling]

I assume based on the OP's pic that you took out the rear housing?

Does your LEDs look LEDish or are they more a standard bulb color. As dark said, his and mine were light years apart. <---See what I did there?!

I do have a moonroof and not sure how that should make any difference seeing as though it's the Ti. [scratch]

I will check my build date. I took delivery on Sept 10 and it came off the train Sept 8.

#16 ·
True story. My '13 Ti does NOT have LEDs. [bawling]

I assume based on the OP's pic that you took out the rear housing?

Does your LEDs look LEDish or are they more a standard bulb color. As dark said, his and mine were light years apart. <---See what I did there?!

lulz

I do have a moonroof and not sure how that should make any difference seeing as though it's the Ti. [scratch]

I will check my build date. I took delivery on Sept 10 and it came off the train Sept 8.
The pic is of the rear housing but I removed drives as well. I believe yours are led but burn at a warmer tone. Compared to my Cmax and 13 Fusion, those were "whiter" I bet if you took one of your apart, you would see that they're led.

#24 ·
I have a '12 SE with Sport Package + Moon Roof + Convenience Package and have the LED Lights. Checked ETIS. Here is what it says for all lights on my car.

With Auto Headlamps
With Chrome Fog Lamp Bezel
With Halogen Headlamp
Less Daytime Running Lamps
With Front Fog Lamps
With Aluminium Headlamp Bezels
Less Interior Light Group
With Footwell Lights
Header Mounted Courtesy/Maplights
Frt L/R Lamps/Rear Single Lamp
Tail lamps - Level 1
With Automatic Headlamp Control

#27 ·
That wasn't strictly speaking true either, jdubhack's '13 Ti has a moon roof and as far as he knows it also has the incandescent bulbs in the housings, not the LEDs so there doesn't seem to be a clear cut case one way or the other.

#28 ·
Job 1 SEL, built June 2011, I have LEDs across the board. Seems like Ford can't make up their minds with equipment on this car. I was one of the unlucky Job 1 owners who missed out on Kysor shutters :( guess it's not so bad seeing as a small group of them were recalled, but I would have liked the extra highway efficiency.

#29 ·
ARGH. I digress. The car does have LEDs and the most non-colored white LEDs possible. I only noticed the difference when I opened my vanity mirror. <--- Those are DEFINITELY incandescent and yellow compared to the yellowish LEDs found in the other housing units.

In comparison of the two (vanity and dome) the difference is clear. When comparing my dome to a '12 LED the difference is distinguishable as well.

Bottom line: I do believe that Ford is using LEDs. They're just not as white as the ones they used in the '12 model or what one typically things LEDs should look like.

#30 ·
Bottom line: I do believe that Ford is using LEDs. They're just not as white as the ones they used in the '12 model or what one typically things LEDs should look like.
I work with white LEDs on a daily basis. Though tint-binning is getting better, getting perfect tint with them is like playing the lottery. It's not very likely that all '12 Focus' have better tint than all '13s.

#34 ·
No, its not consistent as to which cars got the LEDs and which cars got the bulbs. It seems random so far. We have several 2013s without LEDs same as we have 2012s that were supposed to have them but did not and used the incandescent bulbs instead.

#35 ·
Doesn't that mean there would have to be two versions of the owner's manual in print at all times? Or that two different part numbers (one for each type of bulb) would need to be printed in each manual?

Is that the case? (I don't own a Focus (yet!) so I can't check...)

This is very interesting.

#36 · (Edited)
Doesn't that mean there would have to be two versions of the owner's manual in print at all times? Or that two different part numbers (one for each type of bulb) would need to be printed in each manual?

Is that the case? (I don't own a Focus (yet!) so I can't check...)

This is very interesting.
There were five revisions to the 2012 Focus Owner's guide. None of which mentioned a dome lamp bulb, where as the first version of the 2013 owners manual specified the bulb as an h5w incandescent.

The 2012 manual never calls out a replacement bulb, but my Job 2 SEL built 4/23/12 has the incandescent bulbs. So no its not consistent, and the only way to know for sure is to look at the housings and possibly remove them to check for a diode vs a bulb.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.