Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Buyer beware of SVTAD

5K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  boardliquid01 
#1 ·
I purchased the front knuckles from SVTAD after he told me there was nothing wrong with them. I even asked if any of the holes were oblonged as that is why I have to replace mine.

He sent me the knuckles and I found the driver side tie rod hole completely oblonged out bad. Also instead of unplugging the ABS sensors or removing them from the knuckle, he just cut them. He will not take them back as he is calling it "normal wear".

Do not buy from this person unless you are looking for junk parts!

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow, I'm not surprised. He spared me the trouble by reneging on selling me an SVT head because he got a better offer after we already agreed on the price. He wanted to charge me $100 for shipping to make up the difference, when in reality it costs no more than $30 to ship that part. Sorry you had that trouble.

#4 ·
Yeah, I was thinking of going that route. I tried to just talk to the guy but he didn't really care, he kept saying "as is". However, I asked about the condition(specifically oblonged holes) prior to buying them.

He is just a liar who's karma will hopefully catch up to him.

#5 ·
I've had my fair share of people screwing me over on these forums. It drives me nuts, but I keep buying anyway because what else are you going to do?

#10 ·
many of the motorcycle forums I visit have pretty strict rules on new members selling anything
The new members usually cry about the rules but as a potential buyer I appreciate the site trying to look out for me

This guy with a low post count , I would never deal with him

I recently ran into an issue on an online purchase that I paypal'd
The seller would not respond to my emails and promised tracking info within days of the purchase
I logged it with Paypal and the seller suddenly learnt to communicate
My transaction worked out , order was actually backordered .

Unfortunately scammers usually know all the rules to make it easier to beat you

#13 ·
Good luck bro. Did you try Rock Auto for new knuckles? There are some things that I just buy new. [dunno]

I know, it's expensive, but safety is something you don't think about until one wheel makes a hard right turn while the other one goes left.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.