Focus Fanatics Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PWSC trials and tribulations...

6K views 65 replies 11 participants last post by  tukaniSVT 
#1 ·
OK folks,

For those of you that are keeping track of the progress on my PWSC install i have some news. But let's start at the beginning...

Was missing an engine block oil relocation adaptor from my purchase. Found out when the car was at the shop and torn down for the install. I overnighted a piece from Trans Dapt that i thought would work...i was wrong. Ordered a piece from Moroso p/n 23682 and overnighted it...it worked. Had to fabricate several different sets of oil lines due to clearance issues when the last brackets of the install were in place. Finally made a set that worked with everything.

Found out that i did not have a ACS or IAT sensor as it is sometimes referred to. It was not in the kit. Found one at the Dickinson Auto Zone that was from a F150 Lightning. They didn't have the pigtail harness though. Taylor Automotive ordered one and had it by noon today, but it was the wrong one. I gave them the part number of the ACS and they cross referenced one that we got today at 3:30pm. Got the baseline tune from Tom put in and got the car started up.....codes, figures.

Then i noticed that the aux water pump was not running. Found a faulty fuse holder. Still not running after a new one was installed. Found that power and ground were the issues for that. They are going to find a new source of power for the relay to be on during engine run conditions.

Got to the point where i could datalog and remote tune with Tom. But then Live Link crapped out on me and his guess was because my laptop is running on Windows 7. Then i just flat out ran outta time cuz i had to head home to get ready for work and now here i am...at work. Downloading Live Link since it would not run in compatibility mode for XP. Gonna try a fresh install now.

But i do have one thing to say now about the car....DAAAYUMMMMN!!! She revs up like she's got a soul now! I can't wait to finish her up and get her on the street finally. And the sound.......RAWR!!!! LoL!

Anyhow, i just thought i'd share this with you all since it was the source of my missed effort to make a meet. I will be at the shop all day tomorrow working all the bugs out and will hopefully be able to drive it home. I will be making some vids of this effort tomorrow and will keep you posted.

See less See more
#4 ·
More news...

I get to the shop today so i can continue trying to remote tune this thing and what do i find???

A broken front bumper on the driver side.......$*%)@#*^@)!(!*!)$%*!)#$*!
Mind you, this is an ABS plastic bumper and not fiberglass!

So now the car is out of commission for yet another reason!

On another note, here are a few days-old pics.

#9 ·
that will be me soon, but doing the install myself.

#11 ·
New update,

Tom and I spent some more time t-shooting this thing. The shop mechanic was able to find a vacuum leak yesterday so that helped out some, but here's something interesting that i guess i've been living with for quite some time....

My O2 sensors were in the wrong positions. I told Tom some things about my O2 setup and he made me second guess everything and take a real good look at it, that's when i noticed that the color codes on my sensors did not match up to the color codes of the harnesses. This was done a long time ago when i had the exhaust system installed. What bastages!

This was causing the difference in readout between the AFR and O2 sensor #1. The AFR said the fuel was good and the O2#1 said to add fuel. It was all kindsa screwy readings. I swapped the O2 sensors to their correct positions and then both the AFR and O2#1 were reading the same. That helped us out TREMENDOUSLY!!!! We're almost done now with the baseline idle tune....more to come on Monday!

PS: Before you all ask how they did it....they cut the tabs on the male connector in order to make it mate to the female end. No flaming....this was ages ago. Now i will say this....i ordered a new O2 sensor and it was supposed to be a O2#1 but in fact was the rear sensor. Mechanic said it didn't fit so he cut the tabs to make it fit just the like stock one was set up. Tom pointed out some very obvious things about this that made me take a better look-see at it. Here's the morale....shouldn't have to cut tabs on the male end of the connector to make it fit the female end...wrong sensor....obviously. I wish i had known earlier when it first happened ages ago. (Shop in the RGV did this).

PSS:

#13 ·
Nice ... good to know it's running ...

Good luck with the rest of install and work that needs to be done. ... look forward to your update on Monday.

-Ray-

#14 ·
Nice glad to hear about that. I also know what its like finding out someone elses work was done or bad or just plain wrong. That why I work on my own car. I really feel like you can't trust anybody these days.

#19 ·
New update,

I thought I had blown the rear main seal because oil was leaking from there after I made a 2k to 5k run in third for another datalog. Tom asked me a few questions about where the valve cover vent and the PCV hose and where they were going. They were, of course, feeding back into the engine. This caused my brake booster to pop off during that run and was also the source of the oil coming from the rear main seal. There was too much pressure going into the engine and it was not escaping fast enough. Sooo, a little reworking of the valve cover vent and the PCV hose to atmosphere took care of that. Made another run and came back to the shop. No more oil leak. Tom saved me about 400 bucks. More tuning in work and I will post a couple of vids tonight. I still don't know when the body repair shop will be done with my bumper. Car should hopefully be all done by tomorrow.

#23 ·
did you notice in the first vid your right wheel was moving when the car was running?
i posted that on fj after you posted the video but yeah.

#25 ·
^^Mine does the same. It's hard to contain a lot of power lol j/k

*update* on me still uber jealous lol

Also watching your vids reminds how far I need to still go on tuning. Mine runs too rich of course it's the first tune lol gotta be safe.

#28 ·
i cant wait for my pwsc to come.

stock 2.8" pulley with cfm ovd pulley.
65mm cfm tb, 60lb injectors, 3" intake going on the svt.

did you install it yourself or have the people at the shop do it?

#29 ·
I had the folks at the shop do it. There was some custom fab work that took place so it was a good thing it was there.

I'm using the 2.6" pulley from Massive with NO ovd pulleys. Siemens Deka IV 60lb injectors with the Steeda 65mm tb. I bought my kit from Brad, mlbbaseball.

When do you suppose you're gonna get yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.