Focus Fanatics Forum banner

How do you like +2012 MK3 Ford Focus Design?

• Love it! It looks amazing.

Votes: 619 58.2%
  • I think Ford did a decent job.

Votes: 301 28.3%
  • I think Ford could have done better.

Votes: 101 9.5%
  • Hate it! It looks terrible.

Votes: 43 4.0%

How do you like Next Generation Ford Focus Design?

98K views 259 replies 203 participants last post by  felixthecat 
#1 ·
#193 ·
Liking what's most familiar?

Is that because that's what you already own? I keep telling myself that my old cars are just as good as the Mk3 Focus I am craving, but I think that's because they're both paid for and I pretty much know them inside-out already. A bit of cognitive dissonance at work in my case.

My biggest reservations over the Mk3 are about whether they know how to build them right yet. No offense, but as far as styling goes, I think they're way better (both the hatch and the sedan) than any prior designs. Of course, that's just a matter of taste.

#198 ·
Outside the MK1 SVT the Focus has been largely invisible in the sport compact scene and was never viewed as a "threat" (and if there was it was very far and inbetween) on the street or track but with the MK3 the competition has finally taken notice with solid performance from even the base model to the more serious power/handling from the ST.
I never really paid much attention to the Focus til I hooked up with my wife and she drove an '09 SE and while it was dead reliable for the 32k miles (30mpg all the time) we had it that car just didn't inspire aggressive driving and was just a bit dull overall but when the '12s came out I did a total double take when I saw one on the street for the first time and had to get a closer look.

#199 ·
When my 2002 Taurus was ready to chuck it's AC compressor the other day it became new car time. I work for a company with 20 dealerships that sells almost every make of car. When I started comparing models I found the Focus to have the most unique and aggressive looks. I was sold immediately.[:D]

#202 ·
Even if I was blind I'd be able to tell the current ST is so much better than the weak effort of those early STs and those didn't even make waves among the competition unlike the SVTs which Ford shoulda continued down that road and maybe the 2nd gens would've actually had something to write home about.

#203 ·
Measuring Stick

The new Ford Focus has become the standard in the compact car market that everyone compares other compacts to. Fifth Gear on BBC compared the new 2015 VW Golf to it and declared that for body fit and quality the Focus was still holding an edge. Car and Driver declared it the best in class.

#206 ·
They did a really good job except for the tail lights on the hatch. I've said it before, but what's the point in making the tail light go around to the side of the car if that part doesn't light up? It's non-functional and doesn't look good. Not bad enough to be a deal breaker, and not nearly as ridiculous as Nissan Juke head lights.

Correction: Nissan Puke

#209 ·
Personally I hate it. Ford already has a small four door and a mid size four door. What they don't have is something with 2 doors such as the BRZ/FRS. If they really wanted to make a proper 4 door or hot hatch with a turbo they should have gone all out and built something on the level of the Imprezza/Lancer. That is what most people try and "build" their Focus into anyways.

#211 ·
my first focus was an 04 ZTS... loved it... the 2nd gen I didn't care for that much... then I drove an MK3 at my last job and fell in love with the car again... then I bought one when my alero crapped out on me... I couldn't be happier... the 2015 looks good with minor improvements... I am awaiting the unveil of the 2017 focus... ford said it would be a new gen focus...

#214 ·
Yeah, I remember, but since it is being produced now I just wanted to be clear that I was not talking about the next "Next Generation", whenever that will be here. If Tom had referred to it instead as the "Mk3" like you did then there couldn't be any confusion over which "next" it meant.

#216 ·
If they ever offer it as a SVT or RS coupe in orange I'd probably buy one. Until they do that I'm keeping mine.

#221 ·
I don't like Ford trying to keep a brand indenity theme. Why should all the fronts of varies model be similar to one another?
I definitely agree with both of these comments!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.