Focus Fanatics Forum banner

How do you like +2012 MK3 Ford Focus Design?

• Love it! It looks amazing.

Votes: 619 58.2%
  • I think Ford did a decent job.

Votes: 301 28.3%
  • I think Ford could have done better.

Votes: 101 9.5%
  • Hate it! It looks terrible.

Votes: 43 4.0%

How do you like Next Generation Ford Focus Design?

98K views 259 replies 203 participants last post by  felixthecat 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Yea in the first released pictures Im a fan of the sedan over the hatch. But that may be because the hatch looks huge in the pics imo. I need to not only see it in another color but also next to to something that I can see the size difference to actually get an idea, because right now the hatch makes me think of a mini van not a micro van.

#5 ·
Hi... I'm new to this site and forum but love my Focus, I love the new Focus design but....... I will not buy another Focus until they bring the RS to the USA, almost all other small car manufactures make a factory sport tuned compact car and I think that Ford could blow all of them away!!! maybe even an RS All-Wheel Drive!! that would compete with the Subaru WRX What do ya think?

[ffrocks] [woot]

#6 · (Edited)
BAD:
-lights are down instead up like on MkI and MkII
-interior looks awful, very bad but I hope when i see it in person it will look better, the same thing happend to me with 2008 Ford Mondeo but when I sit in it it was WOW!!!

GOOD:
Everything else...

shame that "auto klub" was pretty close to production model...

I think Ford did a decent job...

#18 ·
Well, overall I give the Global Focus a B for looks. The tails on the 5 door look like They belong on a Volvo(I understand and get the connection, so don't bother telling Me that Ford owns Volvo.), and as I said in another thread, the sedan looks like a Scion tC(I also get that the tC is a coupe, but that doesn't change the overall lines of the chassis). I would drive one(of each, if I can help it), in fact I will test drive one as soon as My Ford Dealership has one to do so with. Interior design looks very user friendly, but as I was showing these pics to My EXGF, She mentioned that it looked "very busy". Too many bells and whistles can tend to take away from the primary function of the Driver: driving.

So far, the overall design is a win, to Me.

#20 ·
I am very much a Hatch fan.. always have been.

But unless they come out with a 3 door, IF (and thats a big IF) I ever get one of the new ones it will defenitly be the sedan.
I really do not like the way they designed the rear end of the hatch as it is in the revel pics. But I am holding my final judgements untill I see one in real life with the optional packages. I never fully trust the CGI brochure shots that dealers use nowadays.

#21 ·
I voted "decent job" but I will def wait for the performance version or until the Ecoboost option goes into play before I get one. I was really looking forward to my engine going out so I could drop a fresh one in and go crazy, but this makes me want an update. The looks are much better than my 03.

#24 · (Edited)
A decent job. The stance is a big improvement over our current models. The tail-lights and side lower-fascia openings are dramatic but a bit awkward-looking to my eyes. I do like the structural improvements Ford describes. The interior is a bit over-styled to my taste, but the upgrades in materials are more important than the shapes of the vents to me, so I could live with such visuals for the sake of better feel and lower interior noise that can be expected. The engines seem like a nice step forward; I'll wait for pics with the hood open and hope that the wiring comes without the electrical tape bits falling off the harness, as in my '09. Will we get an Eco-Boost 2.0? Will there be a for-real, six-speed manual? Stay tuned...I might even consider trading in my '09 after the new ones have been on the market for a couple of years, something I've never done with a car before.

#27 ·
I dont like it.

I really don't like the hatch, as said above, It looks like a minivan. I guarentee when somebody sees you coming, its not some cool car, it's a minivan they'll think.

The interior is way to crazy for me. To many angles.

The Sedan, it's alright, much better than the hatch IMO, but in the end, it just looks like a tC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.