Focus Fanatics Forum banner

How do you like +2012 MK3 Ford Focus Design?

• Love it! It looks amazing.

Votes: 619 58.2%
  • I think Ford did a decent job.

Votes: 301 28.3%
  • I think Ford could have done better.

Votes: 101 9.5%
  • Hate it! It looks terrible.

Votes: 43 4.0%

How do you like Next Generation Ford Focus Design?

98K views 259 replies 203 participants last post by  felixthecat 
#1 ·
#32 ·
they kinda been growing on me , not that im likeing them they just are not that bad, they just should have been vert. cuz that says "focus" to me

#36 ·
I don't like the dash. Way too angular. Too cartoonish. Reminds me of the kiddie movie(s) Transformers.

The 5 door hatchie looks better than the sedan, and that's not saying a lot.

I thought the Fiesta was supposed to appeal to the kids. It is horrible inside.

The Focus sedan and hatchie haven't fallen far enough from the Fiesta interior for me to seriously consider either one for a future purchase.

Two thumbs down.

Charles

#38 ·
looks like the end for the focus as we know it.......what the hell kinda car is that? I was expecting a atleast w/o the engine. THUUUUUUUUUGGGHHHHHH. Wont own one i would be made fun of if I drove that. Hers a song for ya ......found a walnut,found a walnut...found a walnut just now....now i found a walnut.....and so on. yogt the point. I like my 07 w/ gfx II pkg. but I think that will be the last focus i own. If you like it....ok but you have to imagine pulling up next to someone who says " is that your moms car?" haha lol. ok no performance? wow.....wow......oh.

#40 ·
um...yeah vert tail lights on the hatch woulda been nice...wheres the 3 door? not a fan of that spoiler either...kinda lame...something more vertical...similar to the 03 svt. why didnt they just bring the euro over...i mean that rs...forgetaboutit. the sedan...looks too much like a volvo...if i wanted to drive a volvo (not saying thats a bad thing, its just kinda lame i like cars to be noticibly different, i mean if all of your cars look the same or very similar then to me that shows a serious lack of creativity...a lack of trying even...) i would buy one...yeah im not sold on that interior either...but i will hold off on voting until i see one in person tomorrow, well later today i suppose...where is the 3 door?

#41 ·
I think what a lot of you naysayers are missing is that this car is supposed to appeal to, well, ... everyone, and I really think it does that. If they just brought something over that looked exactly like the RS no one over 40 would buy one. This car is for EVERYONE. Will there be a performance version? I guarantee it. Will it look sportier? Of course it will. Why doesn't it have vertical lights? Because the focus has no history. Its been out 10 years now. Do we really need that much continuity in a car thats 10 years old and hasn't had the vertical lights since '07 anyway? I don't think so. Its making its own history now. It still looks like a focus to me. Ford is aiming its sights directly at civic/corrola right now and is looking to sell over 200k in NA alone, and I think they can do it with these two models alone. In fear of using an overused phrase, they look phenomenal!

#46 ·
if this car turns out the size of the dodge caliber im going to be pissed. it kinda has that shape and im worried. i like my small focus and id like another one

#47 ·
ok uh ok you see this is where ford will make the mistake that all car companies seem to do, make everyone happy......people who bought a focus over honda, or bought an svt for example because the car was unique, euro flare as they put it. I dont see any of the style that appeals to me but if it works for them. Porsche has had great success with staying with what works, and even the mustang went retro, because people want to be able to recognize a car. Not trying to sit there and fiqure out what is that. I think people will honestly be confused when someone says to you, "its a focus" i think a blank stare is in order. Its too much to deal with all at once, simplicity rules. The car does look nice , soccer moms will love this car and parents will buy this car because they know that with this car no one will want to race this car. lol. Im sure ferd did a bang up job on this. I feel like I should plug in my playstation 3 to drive it, though. I f any one buys this car let everyone knowhow it runs, and so on.

#50 ·
The more I look at the hatch the more I love it. The interior looks very comfortable as well. Also the MPG are insane. I'm sure it would make a great daily driver. Hopefully it will have some kind of boost like the 3, that woud be fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.