Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Adding factory fog light switch on SE

25K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  CunFFS13 
#1 ·
Hey i have a 2013 focus SE hatch back and i have installed factory fog lamps and harness, also i wanted to use a factory switch and have since added one but it will not control the lights, the fuse and everything is there for the lights but it seems that the BCM doesn't know that the switch is there. does anyone know how you can get this to work or know if the factory can get it to work?

#3 ·
I'm on the same boat. My dealer said he could install it, but Idk if he knew about the computer part. Sent him a email to make sure before he ordered my parts next week. Hoping he can get it to work full factory I don't want a extra switch.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

#4 ·
I'm on the same boat. My dealer said he could install it, but Idk if he knew about the computer part. Sent him a email to make sure before he ordered my parts next week. Hoping he can get it to work full factory I don't want a extra switch.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using FF Mobile
search on the forum. it is theoretically possible for the dealer to bypass inputting a vin in their program and enable the fog lights in the BCM. it is necessary for the new switch to work.

#14 ·
I see in your posts you got the bling kit and paired it with a wiring kit and new switch. The bling kit says it comes with all wires and a switch. Why didn't you use the included wiring? Was it not compatible? I understand using the other switch, it looks a lot cleaner.

I am trying to figure out all what to buy for this route. I would prefer if it cam on automatically using relays that come on with the headlights on, with the option to hit a off whenever as well, but that looks like a lot of extra work. May just go the same route as you, having it on/off with a switch only (unless I am mixing your post with someone else s, and you did something else).

#16 ·
Is that what you plan to do? I saw that metasickle had to make his own brackets so he didn't have to drill his bumper...

So many different posts... Will have to start researching again tomorrow so I'm not mixing methods.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

#17 ·
I never used bling lights. I bought OEM foglight housings from ebay, bezels from china, an aftermarket wiring kit from advance auto, and the button switch off of amazon. I have less than 100 bucks in the whole thing. Mine come on with the ignition. I like it that way because i can run them with parking lights, highs and lows. The oem lights bolt right up to the bumper. No need to fab anything. Re read the whole thread I linked to you. Dont buy that bling BS. Get and OEM set.

#19 ·
Are your set with the switch normally in the on positioning, so they come on with headlights, but you can turn it off when needed? This sound like the way I want to go.

I am going to re-read the thread you linked. Thanks!

Edit: Is this the kit you used form advanced auto?

#21 ·
I did not complicate myself with wiring, I bought the pair china bezel for the focus mk3 on ebay that costed about 25 usd and then I connected the xenon lights to the other xenon lights on the front lights, they turn on the same time though, but that is OK for me.

#22 ·
Monkeygrits, I like how you have your fog lights wired with the headlights and parking lights. That way I don't have to worry about my daughter forgetting to turn them off and possibly killing her battery. Also your ideal of going with OEM fogs sounds better. However, you mention a wiring kit from advance auto? So I just can ask for a fog light wiring kit? Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.