Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Fiesta ST

4K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  felixthecat 
#1 ·
Any idea when you are getting your sales training for the 5dr Fiesta ST?

#4 ·
More word was released today, as well as a good pic of the US spec 5dr.

#7 ·
Thats great that Ford is rolling on a Fiesta ST. More options for everone. You prefer the Fiesta over the Foci? Like everone else looking out for a comparo between the two. What kind of price on the st? Any idea?

#9 ·
Column shifter= checkout Dodge's dsah mounted shifter for their Charger police cars. The Taurus SHO is fast, it just doesn't have the grunt feeling. Twin turbo's feeding a v/6 is fast, it just doesn't feel it. Feeling more linear, or ultra smooth, not the slam you in the back feel.

#11 ·
Oh and the color choices sound intriguing:

• Vivid exterior colors:
New Green Envy Metallic Tri-coat
– Ingot Silver Metallic
Molten Orange Metallic Tri-coat (Fiesta ST exclusive)
– Oxford White
– Performance Blue
– Race Red
– Tuxedo Black Metallic

#12 ·
Oh and the color choices sound intriguing:

• Vivid exterior colors:
– New Green Envy Metallic Tri-coat
– Ingot Silver Metallic
– Molten Orange Metallic Tri-coat (Fiesta ST exclusive)
– Oxford White
– Performance Blue
– Race Red
– Tuxedo Black Metallic
Yeah they sure do.

#15 ·
Except it has those two extra doors [hihi]. I actually have no personal preference for 3/5 doors. 3 door looks better, 5 door is more practical. It would be nice to have the option though.

The other advantage that the Fiesta has over the Focus is fuel economy. The most efficient US car to use the 1.6T is the 2013 Fusion, which comes in at 25 city / 37 hwy / 29 combined mpg with the 6-speed manual. I would imagine the Fiesta would get similar or better mileage than that. We'll have to see how they gear it though.

#14 ·
Found this on another ford fiesta forum;

Quote:
2012 Focus hatch curb weight is 2920 lbs
Focus ST curb weight 3223 lbs with 252 hp=12.8 lbs/hp
Focus ST base price $25,000=$100 per hp
Focus ST3 price $29,000=$115 per hp

2011 Fiesta hatch curb weight is 2537 lbs with 120 hp=21.1 lbs/hp
2014 Fiesta ST hatch (weight estimated using non ST weight + Focus ST extra weight) is 2840 lbs with estimated 178hp=16.0 hp/lbs
$100/hp=$17,800 base price
$115/hp=$20,470 max price

To match the Focus ST power to weight ratio, the Fiesta ST would need to weigh 2278 lbs or produce 222 hp. From a price and power to weight ratio, the Focus ST is hard to beat. Of course, these numbers are only numbers and don't relate to the actual driving dynamics or enjoyment the cars provide. I would not buy either car based on those numbers, but rather a number of factors. Either way, my next car will say ST on the rear hatch.
BRGT350 via fiestafaction.com
End Quote

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.