Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Focus ST "Cleared to Build"

6K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  6769MOPARS 
#1 · (Edited)
Focus ST "Cleared to Build" - Tracking# 23963

My sales person just informed me that my ST has been "cleared to build". Exactly what does this mean in the whole process and when should I expect a VIN?

Thanks!

#2 ·
I Just received my VIN yesterday with a build date of Oct 29th. My order was placed by the dealer on Aug 24th. These dates may give you some sort of timeline.

#4 ·
My sales person just informed me that my ST has been "cleared to build". Exactly what does this mean in the whole process and when should I expect a VIN?

Thanks!
Once the order is accepted by Ford and scheduled to build a vin is generated. If the dealer has allocation it may occur the same week the order is submitted, if and only if they get it in before the scheduling report is updated on Wednesday night/ Thursday morning.

The vin gets generated long before the car is a physical vehicle.

When I ordered my car I should have asked if they had allocation as it turned out that they did not get the car scheduled until the second week after the car was ordered.

#10 ·
LOVE it! For the money I don't think this car can be beat, performance/utility wise. We had four adults in it Saturday night and it was no problem. It will EASILY outhandle my Mustang.

You're much more patient than me. I was losing sleep waiting on this thing to show up!

#15 ·
Went to the Ford dealer to see my Focus come off the truck and saw them pulling a black ST3 off just before mine. Looks like everything but a sunroof. I can't believe how good the seats felt, never sat in a Recaro seat before, now I want them in my Titanium. Like that will happen!
Salesman said it was not pre-sold, Dave Sinclair Ford, St. Louis.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.