Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Focus ST

23K views 90 replies 33 participants last post by  suss6052 
#1 ·
ok what is a 2013 ST going to cost me being a ford employee and all I want performance blue with blue leather (ST2 package) pm me some numbers. zip is 62671 and i will be financing though ford without a trade in hopefully [headbang]

#4 ·
Some people are saying this because their dealer wouldn't do it for them - but it is up to each individual dealer. I have a very good dealer relationship as we tend to buy quite a few new cars, they didn't hesitate to order me one on Z plan (same price as A plan).

#7 ·
My dealer may not have been right. I just talked to them and they said they couldn't seem to get an answer if it was going to be available on A-plan or not. They said they would sell it to me at invoice if it wasn't.

I'm a little worried about it honestly. I know it's a better deal than most will probably get, but I bet 6 months after the car comes out it will be available for A plan. Isn't it usually around $1000 or more off of invoice?

It seems like a bummer that Ford dings the early buyers that are loyal employees/family. If they want to sell them for retail to the general public, go for it. But let the employee early adopters that have not even seen the car and are buying on faith alone get their typical deal. Geez.

#11 ·
It seems like a bummer that Ford dings the early buyers that are loyal employees/family. If they want to sell them for retail to the general public, go for it. But let the employee early adopters that have not even seen the car and are buying on faith alone get their typical deal. Geez.
I doubt there is much sympathy here, why not just wait six months to see what happens? Do you need a new car come August?

You won't find me complaining. My wife works for Daimler so we have a brand new Mercedes Benz in the driveway. They exclude AMG models from the employee program, but I'm still happy with my discount. Maybe I'll just buy a used C63 in a few years.

#8 ·
Just got word that i cant use d plan on my st. Considering throwin in a couple more grand for the gt w/trackpack again which is d plan eligible lol. They said cause its a new release that why no d plan . Or might just pay the full pop for the st i like it alot

#16 ·
What is MSRP on the ST? I want one really bad and am A-Plan eligible too and will wait if I have too lol

#25 ·
I just ordered a new ST this morning, dealer gave me a great price on it, I have no idea which 'plan' he used. The toughest part is waiting 6 months for them to build it . . . but I think Ford has been doing a great job with its' cars, so I trust it will be a good one when I get it. In any event, my dealer is superb, that's why I keep going back to them . . . Wig

#28 ·
Odd statement regarding the 2013 Focus ST, considering the US version will be identical to the Euro version in terms of performance and appearance. The only differences may be some option package details and add-ons. That's kinda what makes the 2013 Focus ST special... it's finally the same ST that they get everywhere else in the world. [woot]

#31 ·
I can't believe I'm doing this.

I am going to Springfield PA Ford on Tuesday to drop ol'girl off to get the paint flake fix on the tail light housing.

I'm also going to go ahead and pre-order my Focus ST. It's going to cost me a shit ton, but I don't care--I can afford it financially and I can't stop thinking about it.

#38 ·
That's a good deal! But I wonder what the doc fee and/or other fees the dealer is charging? I only ask because I was able to negotiate a deal for the vehicle price to $100 over invoice, but then they hit me with their $699 dealer/doc fee. Going with X plan instead is going to save me over $500 because X plan limits their fees to only a doc fee of a maximum of $100 (no other "dealer fees" allowed). If your dealer is doing that crap, don't let them tell you your "invoice" price is the best deal.

#42 ·
This is going to be a kick ass car, no doubt. But honestly, if they make 8500, I think there will be some serious deals at model year end.

It's a manual - you've already greatly limited the amount of people that will buy one. It has summer only tires, this will turn some non-enthusiasts away.

The Focus SVT was a performance bargain and a great car. The production numbers:

2002: 4788
2003: 6158
2004: 3057

Total over 3 model years: 14003

PLUS it was a lot less expensive so more younger people could buy them, and credit companies were also more loose with who they would lend to. The price of the ST will eliminate a lot of buyers (not saying it's not worth the money, it is a lot more car - but some that bought Focus SVT's will not be able to afford them).

Cobalt SS T/C Numbers:

2008: 1105
2009: 2537

Maybe they will fly off the lot, but I think 8500 is optimistic.

When I picked up my 2003 SVT off the lot in early 2004, there was $4k in rebates on it. With A plan and rebates I got a brand new '03 SVT Euro package for $16500 or something crazy like that.

#43 ·
It's a manual - you've already greatly limited the amount of people that will buy one. It has summer only tires, this will turn some non-enthusiasts away.

I don't think this is a non-enthusiast car anyway and I don't think summer only tires would factor into a buying desicion of this type of car and if I was buying one it wouldn't be my only car as it would never see snow. (My SE intends on never seeing snow)

I don't think an 8500 number is overoptimistic and these should sell quite well even.

#44 ·
In general it's not a non-enthusiast car - but a lot of people will check out a "cool sporty looking car" that they know nothing about, and find out they need to buy new tires and learn to drive a stick, then it's off the list.

Time will tell on the numbers, it was only my opinion. I actually gave some reasons why I think 8500 is high, you just said "I don't think".

#50 ·
I don't think it's a good comparison, the SVT and the ST, for lots of reasons. For example, the ST branding has a well established history and following worldwide (okay, in the UK, Europe, and South America). Second, it's been 10 years since the SVT Focus, and the world is a different place in terms of global thinking and information access, especially among enthusiasts. Third, Ford learned quite a bit from the SVT Focus (and Contour) projects... Ford now requires that every car it sells be profitable and only proceeds when it has either the research to support it or they have built a market for it. I think they've got both going on for the ST now. And last, one word: turbo. Seriously, it's completely ridiculous that it's true still, but the word "turbo" still has cache among buyers (as if any car with a turbo is a performance car).

Actually, one last thing, the market for the ST already exists in earnest and is filled with competitors that sell plenty of cars. Ford's just gotta get their share.

8500, 12000, it doesn't matter. Production is only limited by demand, which means artificial dealer inflation of the price will not be terribly successful with anyone that's properly informed. And I'll admit that I'm doing my darnedest to make people aware that anyone can become X plan eligible rather easily (without knowing a Ford employee or being a shareholder), so I can't imagine prices staying inflated.

#47 ·
What you're neglecting to realize is that with the immense popularity of the new Focus, there are more people driving Fords now that were not driving Fords before.

The ST has the same kind of appeal to enthusiasts from other brands. Those 8500 units will not last long.

#49 ·
I think the market is more ripe than it was for the 1st gen Focus including and the SVT model of yore wasn't pushed by Ford like this one is and much more of a serious contender than the SVT was.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.