Focus Fanatics Forum banner

eBay Turbo Kits are NOT a direct fit for the focus and are POS

25K views 98 replies 34 participants last post by  mikebontoft 
#1 · (Edited)
I don't know how many times people on here have to keep saying this:

EBAY TURBO KITS WILL NOT FIT THE FOCUS.

They ARE NOT complete (do a freaking search). The require fab work. They require a REAL turbo, not some Chinese knockoff.

I don't care if you think the supposed "OBX manifold or intercooler is good," the rest of the kit is cheap for a reason- IT SUCKS.

[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] Read post #5 for reasons why these suck [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]

Examples:
eBay kit #1

eBay kit #2

eBay Kit #3

eBay Kit #4

eBay Kit #5

eBay Kit #6

eBay Kit #7

eBay Duratec Kit #1

Buy one and let me know how much it will cost you to "try" to finally make it work and how long it takes until your engine blows. I'll be here to say "I told you so."

You will spend as much, or more, than a legitimate kit for the focus.

Please look at the kits in the REAL used kits Buy-Sell section and the kits from our sponsors.

Sheesh.

See less See more
#81 ·
EBAY TURBO KITS WILL NOT FIT THE FOCUS.QUOTE]

Everytime i see this i want to say "Uh........ duh!"[screwy] Followed by, what e-gay kit "Fit's" the car its ment for?

You get what you pay for folks.

Reactions: kenzx3
#91 ·
There ARE some good eBay parts...you need to know what you're buying and also take into account what the item actually is.

Example, I buy a lot of LEDs for projects on ebay and they work fine. I would NEVER EVER buy an eBay $150 turbo, though. I'd not even take it if it was free!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.