Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Tear in leather seat

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Bobee12 
#1 ·
I just purchased a brand new 2012 Focus two weeks ago and I found a small tear on the drivers side leather seat. I was just wondering if this is covered under warranty and what actions I should take to get this fixed. I haven't even put 200 miles on it yet. Thanks in advance!
-Brooke

#2 ·
Probably, depends on the dealer. After about 5 weeks I found a torn door opening weatherstrip. I went back to the dealer I bought the car from and the service advisor made a big production about how they needed to take photos and send them to Ford and wait for an answer. The guy kind of ticked me off, so I deceided to go to another dealer and I told him no thanks
I took to another dealer and they said OK, it would a couple of days to get a new weatherstrip.

#4 ·
Wear and tear on a vehicle that hasn't even been driven 200 miles? That's a bit ridiculous. Looks like I'm going to have to put a call into the dealer that I bought it from and maybe push a few buttons until they fix the mistake made by the manufacture.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.