Focus Fanatics Forum banner

ford 0% financing or bank loan & $2000 back?

4K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  Nik00117 
#1 ·
Hi,

Would I typically be better off getting a non-Ford loan and claiming the current $2000 rebate for cash or taking Ford's offer of 60 month 0% financing and forgoing the cash rebate?

My credit is good so I don't think I should have a problem getting a loan and have already prequalified for Ford financing.

What have others done when faced with this option?

Thanks!

#2 ·
Just got a '13 and the deal at the time was either $1500 cash back or 1.9% financing on 60 mos.
My dealer arraigned the $1500 from Ford and set up my financing through Bank of America for 1.84%, so best of both worlds.
Just make 'em think you're walking out & you might get good results.
Good luck with the new car! I love mine.

#5 ·
for the most part your payments will work out to be the same. What will matter however is how long are you planning on keeping the car? if your planning on trading the car in a few years take the cash. That way you wont be getting upside down in your loan as you an apply the 2k right to the prinicpal of the loan. if your planning on keeping the car past the loan term then 0% will work out just fine.

Youll have to crunch the numbers to figure out what is best.

#9 ·
This will all depend on what kind of interest rate you can get through a bank. If you can get financed at a low rate through a bank and take the $2000 rebate (which is now $2500, at least in my neck of the woods) that would be your best option. If you are good with numbers, do the math. However, keep in mind that interest is compounded and you will need to compensate for that, meaning you cant simply take the price of the car multiplied by your APR to get the total price paid. There is a formula for it, but it is quite complicated. If you'd like to give it a go, let me know and I'll give you the formula.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.