Focus Fanatics Forum banner

No 2012 Manual w/ Sport pkg in Gray left?

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  thehun 
#1 ·
I'm in Nashville and have had the dealer looking for a 2012 SE with both manual trans and the sport package in the Sterling Gray. No Luck! Does this aound plausible to anyone out there? Thanks in advance!

#4 · (Edited)
First, no one is going to ship a car a thousand miles...
Second, dealers trade cars.. Most who would actually HAVE a hatch stick would not trade it anyway.
Third, some dealers will only tell YOU about cars they can trade for.
If YOU want a car anyway, YOU have to so the search yourself, and GO to the dealer WITH the car. Or at least contact them directly.
My local dealer could not get the car i wanted, because the owning dealer would not trade it away. (no problem, i found the car myself in the internet, went the 60 miles and bought the car.)
Plenty of dealers have 'bad blood' and will NOT trade with each other.
One time trading a primo car for some POS and you would not trade either...
Dealers never seem the just sell cars to each other, they all trade...?? Seems what i heard anyway.

#5 ·
98% of dealers will not ship a car thousands of miles. I sold a Escape and got it from a dealer in Richmond, VA. Some dealers step up to make a deal, some don't.

It was a big deal because we tied for first in state last month, if we decided not to pay $900 to ship this car across the country we would've lost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.