Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Go for ST or wait for RS?

10K views 46 replies 27 participants last post by  timmay9162 
#1 ·
There have been faint rumors churning through the rumor mill about an RS eventually coming stateside. I've toyed with the idea of getting a new car next summer after I graduate (I know that's still a ways out), but should I be holding out any hope for an RS before I drop close to $30k on an ST?

#35 ·
I agree with Tom. I am going to wait. I love my car right now and have a lot of fun modding it. No big deal for me to wait. Whenever or if the RS ever makes it here, that's when I'll be ready for something else. I'll happily throw down $35-$40k on it.

#39 ·
muhahahah......... ya that's the longest ever waiting car to be sold, and they didn't figure out to lower price by half, yet.

@ RS ... well..... when it comes to SVT vs new ST, I prefer to invest in my SVT, but if RS would eventually come out.... hmmmmm.

RS would be my grocery getter, commuter, and hauler of my SVT that could be finally stripped and 100% set up for autox :D

#40 ·
World car or not I highly doubt it will come to the US. Don't see people spending close $40 k or more on a Focus even if its an RS. Not enough people to make it worthwhile for Ford. If by chance Ford actually does come through I would think it would be a couple years after the ST.

Fiesta RS? If that happened here then you could more than likely forget there being a Focus RS here. That and it would probably hurt ST sales for sure.

#41 ·
Price of an RS would be approaching 40k let me ask you this if you could spent 40k would you want a Ford Taurus SHO AWD or a Focus? Yea because 40k is Taurus SHO range. This is why the car will never come to America, it would sell to those few die hards (and trust me there are very few of those) and then it wouldn't sell anymore. The ST was a nice balance.

#42 ·
I don't think Focus owners would be even thinking of a Taurus since they aren't even close to being the same class of car. I'd be thinking Mustang GT or STI or at $40k I'd be thinking a Nismo edition 370Z. If you wait for an RS you'll be waiting maybe forever and missing out on cars that we actually do have here. Life is too short to wait for a "maybe".

#43 ·
I love how many people chip in to this thread offering the same opinion as everyone else. I do really like the ST, and since I'm graduating and hopefully getting a big boy job in the engineering field it's at the top of my list if I decide to buy a new car.

I wouldn't mind a Steeda or Roush version of the ST.

#46 ·
The difference is those who want the Mustang will buy the Mustang. Those who want a hot hatch will not buy the Mustang, and those who buy the Mustang wouldn't buy the hot hatch Focus RS.

The ST is already more fun to drive even if its less powerful than at least a '13 5.0 L GT automatic. The seating position is better, the car is more practical, and you can actually see out of it, where as you sit quite low with a very high Cowl in the Mustang.

I really wanted a Mustang while growing up, but now I'm not as sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.