Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Good Price? Signing tonight

4K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  gambit293 
#1 · (Edited)
Going in tonight to possibly sign the papers on a 2012 Ford Focus SEL Hatchback Black/Black.

Options:
Winter Package
Equipment Group 303A
Keyless Entry Pad
Job #2 Order
Navigation, MyFord Touch, Sony Sound

MSRP is $24,655. Invoice is $23,219.16.

Selling it for $23,020.00. It was a dealer trade and has about 250 miles on it. Plus $2500 off the above price in rebates. I go in for financing and pickup tonight, but I'm considering walking away if this isn't a good deal. Seemed like a good deal at the time, but (of course) am now wondering if I could have gone lower.

Thanks!

#4 ·
Sory did not see u wer gettn 2500a in rebates. Its a ot a horrible deal but u mite still to better thers meet on the bone. Remember u need only pay price + tax title n transfer fees. No such thing as deal fees maybe a 20ot doc fee but they may try to add sily fees to u.

#5 ·
Suggestions on what to do? Offer is signed but I can back away if I don't like the financing (or think I'm getting worked). According to truecar, I'm under the average paid and invoice for my area.

What is the dealer holdback on a 2012 SEL hatch?

#6 ·
I can't really understand what language some people in this topic are speaking but you're already under invoice. Holdback is $716 on this car so they're making $500 in holdback before paying someone to get it.

Could you get another $250 off, sure if you try but it sounds like you really want this car. Also check the options because I'm only seeing winter pkg, MFT, no nav, and keyless entry pad.

#8 ·
Just my experience: MSRP $24,795, price BEFORE rebates: $21,295, price AFTER rebates: $19,795. But i also bought mine back in April and in California so dealer perks are different from state to state. But that doesn't sound bad, it comes out to a total of $4,135 which is nothing to shake a stick at. Do what you feel is right and GOOD LUCK! :)

#10 ·
I can't really understand what language some people in this topic are speaking but you're already under invoice. Holdback is $716 on this car so they're making $500 in holdback before paying someone to get it.

Could you get another $250 off, sure if you try but it sounds like you really want this car. Also check the options because I'm only seeing winter pkg, MFT, no nav, and keyless entry pad.
I agree

#13 ·
The $2,500 rebate consists of a general $2,000 rebate and a $500 rebate that varies. Ie, some people have $500 student rebate, others have a separate coupon received in the mail for $500. The $2,000 rebate only applies to 2012 Foci. I don't recall if the $500 would apply to 2013 models or not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.