Focus Fanatics Forum banner

New Seat

3K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  sailor 
#1 ·
I'm thinking about getting a new seat/harness for muh car. I know you can get airbag sensor simulators for the airbag light problem, but I was wondering how you can tell which seat brackets and harness bars work for our cars.

And any particular seats you'd recommend for those with a healthy sized behind are appreciated.

#2 ·
So im going to guess your referring to an aftermarket bucket seat? Top brands are corbeau, sparco, recaro and bride don't buy fake ebay seats!. I know corbeau and sparco have the option to buy the seat rail to mount the seat on as well that should fit on your car, as for a harness bracket I believe massive makes and sells them.

#5 ·
I was looking to get a Corbeau Forza. Not sure whether or not get a 4 or 5 point harness though. I want a new seat because I find it annoying when in the middle of autocross, or obliterating a round-a-bout, I have to reposition myself. Just want something to hold me in better.

http://www.fswerks.com/collections/interior/products/corbeau-seat-brackets

I'm guessing that's what I need for brackets, right?

#9 ·
I don't know about other states but my 05 was inspected by a reputable shop with a Momo steering wheel and the Corbeau seats. The air bag light was no concern to them because I even asked. I also used to work for a local police officer and he told me that the harnesses were actually safer than factory seat belts due to the fact that they are not able to loosen while you have them locked around you. This was just my case and your states laws or law enforcements view on this may vary.

#11 ·
I dont see how a harness would be illegal. Way safer.

But a harness in a DD... Biggest pain in the ass. Plus completely pointless in a stock focus.[dunno]

#12 ·
I disagree with your statement about them being a pain in the a**. They didn't take me any longer to fasten than the stock seat belt and I was more secure too. My Focus was not a race car but the Corbeau seats, Momo steering wheel, Momo shift knob, and Momo E-brake handle got plenty of compliments.

#14 ·
I have a momo in mine i had to weld and fabricate a rail and bar for my harness but yes im with them i recomend a corebuea or other main brand...
On a side note if you flip your car and your harness is proberly tightened to you you'll snap your neck becuase... in a stock car the seatbelt allows you to fold... SO with out a cage your taking a huge risk..
But [:)][:)][:)][:)] it it looks good and feels awsome

Attachments

#16 ·
Silliness - if you flip it the tight belt will keep you from bumping your head on the roof, where something that only holds you in a frontal collision won't help much.

One bitch about the "handy" everyday belts you can't tighten or adjust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.