1.6 TDCi - Knocks after 2700rpm - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-21-2013, 02:03 PM   #11
Carl0s
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108217
What I Drive: 2006 1.6 TDCI

FF Reputation: 1 Carl0s Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Well, got the injectors changed. used my BT-OBD to monitor the Commonrail preasure after shutdown, and it went nearly imediatly to ~4bars, so i just released the rest of it from the injector pipes.

The injectors came out nicely when you losened the fixing bolts, and gave it a nice litle spin from the starter.

There was also nice suprise, injector holes 1 and 3 were full of "sealant glue"... *golf clap*

but anyhow, changed the injectors, and the problem stayd the same. Still knocking after 3k rpm... Tho, now it starts up way better, and pulls way better. Also, i think the commonrail preasures have gone up from ~600bar to over 1000bar...

Can anyone tell me for sure, does these injectors require coding?!

So far ive heard:

-All TDCi injectors after -03 need to be coded. Otherwise the car gives out engine error light, goes to limp and wount rev over 3k

-No need to code, just PCM reset

-No need for coding or reset, ecu will learn the new injectors by its own.

Well, gues what... i only changed the injectors, and nope, i got no limp, no engine light, everything works nicely apart the knock... what got me thinking, if these indeed require coding, and someone has previously done somehting to the injectors whitout coding, could that be the issue. Also, could it be that it requires coding, but doesent show it anyway?

And last, tried to eyeball the injectors, and i could not find any "code" from them that would mach the sayd 8 digit description... :/

Like here you can see the 8 digid code: download/file.php?id=2634&mode=view

But mine, new and the old ones has 9 digid code instead... ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2013, 02:24 PM   #12
Carl0s
Focus Rookie

Edit: sry, doublepost
Old 01-22-2013, 09:37 AM   #13
Carl0s
Focus Rookie

Took some videos, first one idling hood up, second one is from the inside (earphones recomended), you can clearly hear the knock after 3000rpm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZw8d...ature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpCeG...ature=youtu.be

Any ideas ?
Old 01-23-2013, 12:23 PM   #14
Carl0s
Focus Rookie

CASE CLOSED!

Tooked the valve cover off today, and founded out that 2 cam followers had slipped away from the cam / valve and were klocking around. So, atleast 2 busted followers, totaled cam shaft and possibly few bended valves... Il guess ill just try to find whole cylinder head as used part.

"Funny story" the guy from who i bough my injectors, had exacly same on his parrents HDi... Were knocking (tho, that one knocked all the time), and when he took the valve cover off, 2 followers had slipped away, and few bended valves.

He took the head to machinery for valve change, and when he got it back, he noticed that _all_ of the followers had loose bearings... New ones are 40€ each, so he just bought whole engine from parted car...

Bookmarks & Social Networks