4M views 20K replies 1K participants last post by  Urmike04 
#1 ·
Well guys lets see them, post up ur aftermarket:

intake pics
exhaust pics
rims/wheels pics
and anything else cool you have done.

#7,931 ·
Very Mexi-poke, but I know you're on the cuff of lowering it so I will reserve my overall opinion until then.

Besides the Mexi-poke I can see the potential for third to turn out well. You're going to need a roll and pull up front though.

#7,956 ·
Here is how my car currently sits. More than likely gonna get hate for the camber, oh well. 18x9.5 all the way around running 10mm spacers in the front and 20mm spacers in the rear. I recently installed adjustable camber and toe arms along with adjustable front sway bar end links. Still working on getting the right stance.

#7,957 ·
[chair] My favorite was when you had the stock ti wheels in white with a nice
2" drop. [bash]

#7,961 ·
Is that with the camber adjusted or not yet? What tires do you run on the back cheapest you can find? How many miles do you think the rear one will last? Sorry for all the questions just getting ready to go low and want it done right put 150 miles a day so don't want to buy tires every month. ;)

#7,971 ·
Honestly ive never really gotten it. You cant even go over bumps properly. Honestly when i see people like that, it seems like they didnt do any research on wheel specs, got them and kinda went with it resulting in uneven tire wear, and loss in drivability

#7,975 ·
I did a canyon run over the weekend, and my car handled absolutely amazing. My car had never handled so well. I was taking turns and curves faster than I could last year without the car losing traction.

Yes that is with the camber adjusted. Im currently running a little more camber. I believe I'm around -5*. But you can definitely run a little camber with very little difference in tire wear.

#7,977 ·
I'd have to drive such a car and see for myself. I've drag raced, autocrossed, ice raced and did a little rally cross and I've never seen that stance used. I can't imagine it would outperform a properly setup car with more of a normal range of camber.

#7,981 ·
I have been autoxing myself, there are cars of many varieties, and the ones that post the fastest times are the ones with proper setups. Thicker tires, suspension is properly upgraded with aftermarket arms, all poly bushings, sways. Seems as though the ones that lose traction are those with camber. Isnt that setup popular among drifters?

#7,980 ·
I know it can definitely take away from performance. It is excessive, I know. But I was surprised with the handling. Of course a properly set up car is going to handle better, because you're setting it up for that. My car is set up for form, with just enough function to have fun. I understand that the Focus is not a quick car so I decided to focus on looks. Stance is such an opinionated subject that everyone is gonna have their differing opinions. But thanks for the kind words and feedback so far guys!

#7,991 ·
Exactly this. Not everyone wants our needs a car that's set up to do autocross. Not everybody wants or needs enough power for 1/4 mile racing. Not everybody wants or needs to drift.

It's a Focus. I would rather have my car set up to look good day-to-day because that's how my car is going to be seen the majority of the time. 99 times out of 100 you will see my car somewhere other than the track. To some people they would rather not have camber and to some they will, but I'm fine with what other people do because it's not my car.

I've literally seen more suspension failures this month with 'proper' suspensions than with cambered setups, regardless of who, what, how or why.

/rant

Back to mod pics someone.

#7,983 ·
They changed my Epas unit (the rack) for thatb issue... also had a bad rear wheel bearing recently but it was just noisy

#7,986 ·
They changed my Epas unit (the rack) for thatb issue...
Sorry this is super-off topic, guys!

Basically, I'm hoping the bearing fixes the highway drifting because I'll NEVER be able to convince my dealer to replace the +$800 steering gear. It's not actually hard to turn the wheel, but I do zig-zag down the lane - and it seems like the pull-drift compensation (cross-wind/ uneven surfaces) doesn't really work how it should either.

#7,988 ·
Yes - TSB 12-2-17, I think. But as I alluded to early, I took it to the dealer for lane drift and they "couldn't replicate the issue."

They also didn't notice 2 bad wheel bearings - which you think they would have checked considering that could also cause lane drift.