Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Motor Mounts

3K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  Dizle 
#1 ·
2000 ZX3 142k miles, pretty sure they have never been replaced. on start (especially cold) the car shakes like crazy. I'm pretty sure it's a motor mount problem. i've noticed a little more shake from the passenger side but it's bad all around. what motor mounts should i get/replace? it's getting cold so the vibrations will only get worse and more so. thanks for the help.[werd]

#2 ·
Had this exact same problem about a month ago.

You're right, it's most likely the motor mounts.

From doing research here and elsewhere, you really need to spend the money on the dealer part rather than the autozone equivalent, as they tend to only last about six months for some reason.

There are three, Passenger side, "dogbone" on the drivers, and transmission.

It's been suggested that you replace them all at once to keep the old ones from letting the new one take a beating.

#3 ·
any particular mounts i should get? its got to where it shakes my chance pile in my cup holder. talk about an annoying sound.

#10 ·
When one mount goes bad then usually the others go so it would be best to replace all of them together. They work as a team when one goes the others pick up its slack. I replaced all mine at the same time I went OEM for the passenger and trans mount but Massive inserts for the dog bone.

#13 ·
Definitely the passenger motor mount, get the Ford one your wallet will thank you later on from not buying another one! Mine shook like hell esp when cold, DEA mount lasted a couple hundred miles then took a crap. New Ford one is smooth as butter, I'm sure it'll last a lot longer!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.