Focus Fanatics Forum banner

SYNC Update Available on Focus!!!

157K views 734 replies 111 participants last post by  oritpro 
#1 · (Edited)
SYNC MFT V3.2.2 Update Available on Focus!!!

I had nothing better to do this morning so I checked SMR. It's showing the update is available![headbang]

DA5T-14D544-AH Version Gen2 - V3.2.2

--------------Update 1---------------

The update took 37 minutes. Did a master reset and fuse pull prior to the install. Climate works fine. I'm having a rather odd issue - the system crashes every time I click "Rearview Camera Setting". A master reset and fuse pull didn't help. I'll just let the car sit overnight. If it doesn't fix itself, I'm taking it to the dealer [dunno]

--------------Update 2---------------

Took my car to the dealership yesterday and they couldn't re-flash the software after 6 tries. They were told by Ford that the update on SMR was corrupted. They finally fixed it by taking the MFT unit (APIM?) out and forced the update.

#236 ·
I ran CCleaner last night on my PC, so I'm having to log into everything all over again.

The update has been pulled.

#237 ·
OK, maybe it was pulled. I was logged in to SMR this morning (and downloaded it). Like I said, I checked two times after seeing these posts and it was still there. I logged out, shut down my browser, cleared everything, opened the browser and logged into SMR again and lo and behold it is not there now! Fascinating (in a weird way).

#239 ·
It is really kind of funny in a really kind of sad way. When they released this update on SMR for all of the models except the Focus and Escape, they had to do same thing. It was pulled a day later and model owners that had not installed it yet were told not to. I guess they learned nothing from that experience as they apparently had to do it all over again.

Yeah, beta testing my a$$!

#243 ·
Update - Just got my car back from the dealer. After removing the engine, transmission and the rear right tire, they concluded that there is nothing they can do for MFT v3.2.2. Don't waste your time taking your car to the dealer for this issue. I guess we all have to wait for v6.0.1 to come out.

#256 ·
well i decided to update omw to work this morning. I was hesitant with all the climate issues and no apparent pattern. I have a 7/12 build date(dont remember exact day). I have Nav and was upgrading from gen2 V3.0.2. my install was done with no master reset or fuse pull. Install went without a hitch. I also DO NOT have the climate issue most are reporting. here are a couple issues i had:
1. had to repair phone(knew this was gonna happen... no biggie)
2. all radio presets were wiped (no biggie)
3. Sync initially had trouble understanding what i was saying(got better) while i was trying to reprogram my Sirius presets i was using voice commands and when saying "Boneyard"(my favorite station) it would jsut give the bad command tone. When I would say "Octane"(second favorite station) it would go to some Elvis station. I called them up by channel number and saved the presets. after that i had NO issues with it recognizing voice commands.

I saw some talk in an earlier post in this thread about people being unsure of how many files were in this upgrade. As I was OMW to work I saw the entire update progress. It went through 3 different phases the first phase said 1 of 15... after a while it restarted... the next phase it said 1 of 9 files... again after a while it restarted... then finally it said 1 of 4 files and finished out the install and restarted a final time.
I wish you all had as much success with you update as I did.

#257 ·
I'm glad your install went well. [thumb] Some of us opted to not install and many more did with less than desirable results.
Interestingly, Sync My Ride has pulled the update off the updates page.
[cheers]

#261 ·
I dissected the update package last night. The files in the SyncMyRide folder are so named based on the part number they are designed to update. These files are applied in a specific order according to a manifest in the root folder. What gets installed and the exact order depends on version level of the system when the update is applied.

The point of all this is there are several factors at play here and it's likely that not everybody's system received the same files in the same order; which is why some of us are having trouble and others are not.

#263 ·
The point of all this is there are several factors at play here and it's likely that not everybody's system received the same files in the same order; which is why some of us are having trouble and others are not.
I already investigated that possibility but that doesn't seem to be the case.
People that have upgraded from 3.0.2 (12023) have had mixed results.

Other possibilities include a communication problem between the APIM and HVAC module which may indicate different firmware in the HVAC module or the IPC (Instrument Panel Cluster), which acts as a gateway between the HVAC module (MS-CAN bus) and the APIM (I-CAN bus).

#268 ·
On another note, I found it funny that when I contacted SYNC about not being able to download the update the first time (when it was available to download), they told me to not do so.

Long story short, I forgot how to download the update (because I have a MAC and don't have "ActiveX" installed obviously, but I remembered and figured it out then d/l-ed it). So a day later I get this e-mail as a response (after they pulled it offline):

"Thank you for your email in regards to status checker tool.

The status checker will always display on your customize and update page. It is there in case we cannot verify the version of SYNC in your vehicle. Please disregard that option. No need to attempt download.

Sincerely,

Greg
Ford Motor Company
SYNC Support Center"

They told me not to bother downloading it, and since then have pulled it off the site obviously. Just funny.

#271 ·
Eh, I was having a couple of beers last night and finally decided "What the Hell! Let's give it a try." I did manage to download it yesterday before it was pulled. I figured if it screwed up I could always run to the dealer over the weekend.

Guess I got lucky. Climate quad buttons still work (including the fake little LEDs) and corner tab shows temp. I did disconnect my iPod, pull the Nav card, shut climate and entertainment completely off before installing.

July 29 build - originally shipped with v2.11 - I do have Nav

#275 ·
Hey just an FYI...I had issues confirming the update after it was installed. I finally received a response back from Ford on the issue. They stated to "Run a Vehicle Health Report when finished with the update" I did run it and now its not asking for an update anymore off of the syncmyride.com website. I think it did work.

Try it guys and see what happens.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#282 ·
Build Date Issue?

Starting to notice that of those who have mentioned their build dates, the ones in 2012 seem to have the most luck working... Has anyone with build date 2012 had the climate issues? Or any others?

Mine was built Dec 2011 ... and someone else (TiFocus I think) had the same build month and his climate and everything worked. My climate and such do not.

Also, documentation would be great! But ... the last time I went into the dealer to have them check my front passenger struts (did the TSB on driver side), their report said nothing in regards to them checking it and saying they couldn't hear it. So much for documentation [xx(]

#285 ·
Starting to notice that of those who have mentioned their build dates, the ones in 2012 seem to have the most luck working...
I had a 7/29/2011 build date and an 8/1/2011 install of v2.11. I installed the update last night and my climate is working as it should. I also have Nav, which anecdotal evidence suggests further complicates matters with MFT. Based on the information posted here by others with regard to build dates, system options, etc. I just can't seem to find any rhyme or reason as to why it works for some and not others.

#290 ·
A couple things would be helpful...

First, can we compile a list of new issues with 3.22?

And second, it would be great if everyone had the build date for there car in there sig or post visible profile so that we can see immediately the relationship between issue and build date.

I update to 3.22 Monday night and so far no issues -- my build date is 5/7/12.

I'm going to modify my profile to display build date...

Brian

#294 ·
After a couple days with v3.2.2, I can confirm that Ford most definitely did not fix the bug where a newly-recognized audio source (e.g. after plugging in an iPod or following a BT pairing) is highlighted but not selected in the list.

You still have to click over to another source and then back to the new one to select it.

#297 ·
You're right. That and the disappearing radio presets were the only things I wanted fixed... now I have no climate.

#304 ·
The more people post about whether or not it went well (typically the climate controls working or not) I sense that something changed for 2012? Maybe even just before (again, mine built Dec 2011)... and those that had parts replaced in MFT in 2012 seem to be okay? AHHH, my head hurts. [facepalm]

#313 ·
Well, TiPilot and I both have 2011 build dates, we both got new APIMs in 2012, and neither of us have the climate display problem.

Anyone out there with a 2011 build date that did not get a new APIM and is not having the climate display issue after updating?

#317 ·
I lied. I just checked and I got a SJB (Smart Junction Box) installed instead. The dealer kept telling me BCM and I never looked at the paperwork. Anyway I have the original BCM.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.