Focus Fanatics Forum banner

SYNC Update Available on Focus!!!

157K views 734 replies 111 participants last post by  oritpro 
#1 · (Edited)
SYNC MFT V3.2.2 Update Available on Focus!!!

I had nothing better to do this morning so I checked SMR. It's showing the update is available![headbang]

DA5T-14D544-AH Version Gen2 - V3.2.2

--------------Update 1---------------

The update took 37 minutes. Did a master reset and fuse pull prior to the install. Climate works fine. I'm having a rather odd issue - the system crashes every time I click "Rearview Camera Setting". A master reset and fuse pull didn't help. I'll just let the car sit overnight. If it doesn't fix itself, I'm taking it to the dealer [dunno]

--------------Update 2---------------

Took my car to the dealership yesterday and they couldn't re-flash the software after 6 tries. They were told by Ford that the update on SMR was corrupted. They finally fixed it by taking the MFT unit (APIM?) out and forced the update.

#633 ·
Delete the phone from Sync and Sync from the phone. I'm not at my car right now but I'm pretty sure you hit "Add Phone" like normal but once you get into the screen and see the code, don't use it and hit "Find Other". MFT should find your phone and you can enter your own code. Hit OK and use the same code on your phone.

I've only had to do this once (after an APIM replacement it wouldn't pair right) a while ago but I think that is it.

#639 ·
Its funny after my fix. One of the symptoms of 3.22 I noticed was occassionally my home screen would show "CONNECT A PHONE". but when I went into the phone menu all I could do was disconnect it. So it was connected. I figured this was possibly part of the flawed install that resulted in my climate control loss and once the dealer flashed everything back it would likely resolve that too.

NOPE!. Still shows "CONNECT A PHONE".

Also lastnight on the way home I tested a phone call using the handsfree and it changed my AM station to random FM station. Wow!.

#644 ·
Anyone else having an issue with losing the Sirius based sync services, ie TRAFFIC, WEATHER, etc.. since their update?

I keep losing them, if I do a Master Reset, they come back for a day and then lose connection again. I tried having Sirius resend a signal, that doesn't work.

Any ideas?

#645 ·
Yep. It used to take about 5-7 days before I lost them and had to reboot to get them back. Since 3.2.2 it doesn't even last 2 days. I have done 3 reboots since Monday (I do reboots, I hate Master Resets because it wipes out all of the presets, wallpaper, phone, etc.) In all honesty, it didn't work that great with 3.0.2 for me and like I said I had reboot with that version as well, just not this often.

Call Ford and they'll tell you it is Sirius' fault and they are not sending the signal. Tell them that it is amazingly coincidental that after every reset/reboot the signal is suddenly there. Ask them how Sirius knows you just did a reset/reboot and suddenly knew to send out a signal. You will get nothing but silence on the other end of the phone (trust me, I've done it).

I've tested every single thing I could think of to fix this/get it working better. Everything I have tried leads me one conclusion - this is entirely a problem with MFT and has nothing to do with Sirius.

Worked flawlessly when I had 2.11.

#650 ·
Yes. The requirement of selecting a drive is just there to make the installation more or less idiot-proof so people don't forget to copy some files or put them in a subdirectory or the like.

#652 ·
I don't think you understand what that actually means. I can pretty much guarantee you that Ford is using listRoots() to get the drives, which for *NIX systems will return "/" only. It's not going to know about your mounted volumes. If they say they support Macs (no clue whether it says so or not) then it's probably because they can just enumerate /Volumes. Java is architecture neutral, but it isn't development neutral. What do you want them to do, check the os.name and start calling system binaries if it's *nux/*nix to check that info? There's no way in hell I would let an applet do that, especially knowing Ford's programming track record. Not to mention complaining about them not going out of their way to accommodate an OS with negligible desktop penetration is ridiculous. If you've been using *NIX systems for any length of time you should understand and be used to this.

#659 ·
I was one of the lucky ones who had no trouble installing the 3.22 update. I just popped back in here to say that mine has been rock solid ever since. With 3.02 I was getting reboots about once/month. I haven't had the slightest glitch though with 3.22. I don't use Sirius though so I can't comment on that.

I know that this doesn't help anyone who had the install troubles. I only mention this to give hope that once they get an update that will install properly for everyone that it will be a good update.

#660 ·
One thing to note with this update, is ford removed a very useful feature in my opinion. Now that the car is "upgraded" they have told me it is not possible to roll back to a previous version. How can ford sell you a car and then remove features???

The feature that was removed, was that the phonebook used to store your contacts addresses(synced via bluetooth phone connection) and you could navigate to that address. This was very useful feature and I used it frequently.

If you use or like this feature do not upgrade to 3.2.2.

Seems like ford cannot figure out how to get applink working or get sync to stop crashing, so the next solution is to remove features from the car...

#676 ·
How can ford sell you a car and then remove features???

Seems like ford cannot figure out how to get applink working or get sync to stop crashing, so the next solution is to remove features from the car...
I'm taking it you got your car with v3.0.2? A lot of us had v2.10 or 2.11 when we got our cars and the "removal of features" list in going from v2.11 to v3.0.2 was much, much more than one thing (and Ford had the nerve to call it an "upgrade" while they were taking away all of these features/functions they sold us).

So it is really not the next solution. They have already tried this solution, on a much larger scale, with the previous update. Just makes wonder.....if there really is a large update coming in the near future, what features will we lose next?

#674 ·
As i did with all updates after 2.11, im waiting til others share their updated experience.. My 2.11 mft works flawlessly ( i know,,, im lucky) so don't want to mess w/ a given .....

i guess we'll see eventually if the newest update is the permanent fix we've all been waiting for.

#678 ·
Ok Ford - enough! Communicate with us and fix this mess. On top of it all - travel link isn't working. I bought this car for the tech 1st - each update takes away something while screwing up something new. I really love my car but this BS is getting old. TALK TO US FFFFFFORD

#681 ·
So I just checked the sync update page. It's says that an update is available. It then directed me to another page to request a new sd card for my Nav. Has anyone done this? I didn't read anything about a new update. Why doesn't Ford ever send out an email?

#682 ·
#684 ·
I just got my new sd card the other day then you have to go to syncmyride.com and download the update to a 2gb+ flash drive connect it to your car. then it wont download so you will chat with a tech on the website for 15 minutes till they finally tell you that you will have to bring it to the dealer for a couple hours. I will try to let you know how that works tomorrow after I get back from the dealer.

#688 ·
Hi, bvrplzr -

Did you end up visiting your dealership today? In the future, shoot me a PM anytime you have SYNC or MyFord Touch-related questions. I may be able to save you a trip. [:)]

If you run MyFord Touch 3.5 and use an iphone streaming app like Spotify or Rdio premium the tracks will skip because MyFord Touch sends skip commands to the device somehow. This is a problem that didn't exist in 3.0.2. Speculation is that incorrect track times being displayed are tied to the problem somehow. This does not occur when plugged in with the USB.
Thanks for the info, TehMark. I've alerted our engineering team of this concern.

Jaclyn

#689 ·
I ordered my new Nav card and it arrived the next day! I then downloaded the new software from syncmyride with no problems. The update begin instantly once I inserted the USB drive in the car. It took 43 minutes. It rebooted several times - everything went effortlessly.

Afterwards the voice activation button did nothing. I turned off the car, opened the door, then restarted the car - still no voice activation. I went thru the menu and did a master reset. (I hate to do thus because it erases everything). Now everything works well. I am not noticing any major - except that my climate control now works again from the screen and voice activation. There are some minor graphic updates. Still nothing major. I am also looking to see if the 2 shortcuts on the right side of the steering wheel would be programmable again. So far no luck. I will post more as I experiment with it.

#692 ·
Hi, BlueIce -

Depending on which version you're currently running, the update should take about an hour.

with the help of FordIVTteam i did find that my system is up to date. I did not notice any changes. I still can not connect to my wifi. I do not know why I would need to but if it available on my car I would like it to work.
Is your keyboard grayed out, bvrplzr? Please confirm.

Jaclyn

#693 ·
I installed my update late last week. Overall, I've noticed some improvements (POIs actually show up on-screen when I'm asked to make a selection instead of nothing loading and Sync Lady yelling at me to choose, and the Shuffle LED finally works on my iPod!) and some issues.

Biggest problems...
- Nav route calculation is dreadfully slow at times. It took over 2 minutes to calculate/load a simple, 20-mile route on Saturday. And that was using a Favorite location.
- Nav in general is slower than before... takes longer to load map when you first switch to it, there's more lag when it's animated/moving while driving, etc.
- Voice commands are suddenly very laggy. Press the Sync button, and then it takes 3-5 seconds for the chime to play so I can say the command. Pre-v3.5.1 the chime happened nearly instantaneously.
- Candidate/selection lists still don't appear sometimes - if I say to play a song and it asks me to choose, no list pops up, but Sync Lady still asks me to pick one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.