Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2012 Ford Focus K&N Intake kit Released.

92K views 346 replies 70 participants last post by  Focus2.0SEL 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to let you guys know that K&N has released the kit that YOU helped us with!

Here is the information

K&N Part# 69-3517TS Typhoon Intake system.

Peak HP gain = 9.97 @ 5872rpm
Peak Torque gain = 10.44 @ 4428rpm

Dyno sheet HERE.

A few notes on the dyno, the vehicles that were tested were automatic and ran in second gear on our in-house dyno. More information on dyno testing at K&N can be found HERE.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask, thank you once again focusfanatics.com members without you we couldn't have released this kit!

Troy. [ffrocks]

#71 ·
is it possible to buy some of the parts? I just want
Hose Clamp #40
Hose; 2-3/4” To 2-1/2”ID X 2-1/2”L TPRD
Hose Clamp #44 Stainless
Grommet; 1”OD, 1/2”ID, 1/2” Thk
Tube; 2.75”OD X 5.5”L
Vent; 90°, 1/2”Hose, 1/4”NPT, Black
Hose; 1/2” X 24”L
Hose; 3” To 2-3/4” X 3”L Hump
Grommet; .875ODX.50IDX.3438Thk
Hose Clamp #48

#73 ·
Hey guys, I'll be asking about a special buy but it will have to wait until Monday. I can't make any promises other than I will ask, though I'm sure we can do something.

EDIT**You guys are fast!! LOL - our vendors like autoanything and amazon or ebay can offer compettitive pricing so check there as well. Just make sure to confirm the correct part number, it's exciting to get an intake... not so exciting if it's the wrong one.

As far as Steeda goes - Hi!! :) glad to see you guys on the forum!!

Troy.

#74 ·
#75 ·
Has anybody installed the K&N intake yet? I'm looking to increase my power, but I'm a bit concerned about the effects on MPG...that's one of the main reasons I bought a Focus. I've never installed an intake before...does it really change the sound of the engine that much? Any thoughts/advice?

#76 ·
The intake will not reduce gas mileage as long as you continue the same driving habits.

#77 ·
250 is super cheap lol ebay companies make me laugh I have seen the manufacturer price so my question is how is selling it for 250 making profit... but hey still the best intake for the price hands down.

#78 ·
Probably either broken or fell off a truck...which is why I never bother with eBay.

I may spring for this kit, although I'm not sure how much it will help over what I've already done. I was very surprised at the difference I've seen by just installing a K&N filter, removing the resonator, and removing the air dam in front of the intake ports. If I 'launched' the car (auto gearbox, brake held firmly, giving it plenty of throttle holds rpms at 2800) before doing all this I could chirp the tires at best...now I'm getting wheel spin all through first gear. And that's with only some ******* mods and a new filter.

Oh, and I also opened up the spark plug gaps. Still stock plugs, I think I ended up at .055". Butt dyno says all that made a pretty decent difference...wish I could throw it on a real dyno and see.

#81 ·
To be honest if a focus came to my shop I wouldn't sell the intake for a penny under 305. For sure at 250 their making zero even negative profit with shipping.

#87 ·
ha yeah. At $250 on ebay though, it'll be hard to beat. i'm just waiting for the big checks.

#91 ·
There's also a lot to be said about supporting the 'good guys', even if it costs a bit more...I'd much rather spend $300 buying from a reputable dealer with good customer service and a good attitude about serving customers versus some eBay crapshoot that may just be some guy 'finding' this stuff and potentially never being there if the wrong thing gets sent or it's damaged, etc.

Much less headache going with the proven source.

#94 ·
Hey guys sorry for the lapse in time, I would suggest purchasing the intake as stated before through online resources. The intake system has just been released and K&N cannot do any type of discount at this time. $250.00 is a great price though as some of you are finding online!

Thanks guys,

Troy.

#95 ·
Got my K&N Intake Today. Here are some pictures of it in the box and unboxed. I will upload some tonight of it installed, I am about to start installing it in a few minutes.[headbang]

Unboxed

#96 ·
Got my K&N Intake Today. Here are some pictures of it in the box and unboxed. I will upload some tonight of it installed, I am about to start installing it in a few minutes.[headbang]
<snip>
Cool please update us. This and a stereo are what I'm looking at this summer for my car.

I always feel like I'm being taken with these type of items ($300 for that box of stuff seems like a ripoff), but I guess there's no better option and it gets the job done. Most of the cost is in R&D is my guess.

#98 ·
I first thought you meant race them on the street, then i realized you meant to install. [facepalm]

#99 ·
Just finished installing it. Relatively easy to install. Took me so long because I had to look for my tools, wifey moved them on me when I left for Afghanistan last year. I took it for a little drive with the windows down, it sounds great. It has a pretty deep tone for a four banger and it gets louder WOT. Definitely felt a boost in power and responsiveness. Here are the installed pics. If anyone has any questions about the install let me know and I will try my best to answer them.

#101 ·
Thanks! The snorkel does come out. I thought about seeing if it would go back in. I don't think it would thought because the K&N Plate tucks under where the snorkel went. The silencer comes out as well.

#104 ·
There is a block off plate with a rubber seal around part of it. You can kind of see the plate in the second picture I posted. It goes all the way over to the coolant hose.

#106 ·
Hi Craig,

Nice job ! Congrats !
How's it sound ?

#107 ·
Thanks! Its sounds great! Its got a deep tone, especially WOT. Kind of hard to keep your foot out of it because of the sound. [headbang] I have to restrain myself so I don't waste gas.

#109 ·
I don't think there are any videos right now. I could do a video, but it will be with my iPhone 4S.

#110 ·
Whatever is better than nothing. If you can do it, I am sure a lot of us would like to see it. [thumb]

#114 ·
Reactions: VOLDAR
#115 ·
Thank you, Craig !
It does sound awesome. I gave you a Rep + for this.
I am not that into "loud" cars, but I do like the sound of yours.

#116 ·
Thanks! It does sound awesome. I think its a great investment.

#117 ·
Is it possible to put back the engine cover once the intake is installed?

#119 ·
Honestly, I couldn't tell you. I have a SE so it didn't come with the engine cover. But the intake doesn't appear that you would have a hard time putting the engine cover back on. I don't know anyone in the Austin area that has a Titanium to try it on either.

That sounds awesome...do you have any other mods? Exhaust or anything else? I'm trying to decide if I should spend the extra money on the K&N over the Steeda, and listening to your videos convinced me to go with the K&N! I don't know that anybody else has that particularly intake installed yet, so keep us posted...I'm particularly interested in MPG (although that might be tough the first week or so while you enjoy the extra HP...haha).
My car is all stock with the exception of the intake. I plan to see if my fuel mileage has increased this next fill up. I drive about 150 miles a day so I try to keep my foot out it. Most of the time I just use the cruise control. I plan on getting an FSWerks Race Exhaust here soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.