Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Wisconsin People

241K views 3K replies 100 participants last post by  RuinedSVT 
#1 ·
We need our own chat thread. [hihi]

#856 ·
If you guys are meeting up in the Waukesha area let's get together and snap some pics :)

I'd also be willing to bring a decent Jack if you want to test fit the svt wheel that has the tire on it :)

-gabe

#860 ·
I think i may have a problem....
This is all downstairs in my level of my parents house:
SVT side skirts
SVT mirrors
SAP front
Euro rear
Euro tails
Euro fender side marker lights
Door side molding
Rear seat out of my car
Chrome 05-07 grill surround
08-10 gauge surround
08-10 Radio surround
08-10 Flat "Focus" piece
Kona roof rack (for sale)
svt 5 spoke rims
svt spoiler
Eaps (in the shop)

Really... i cant wait to get parts on the car lolz

#864 ·
yeah unless i break my toe on them... ive tripped on them twice already... not sure i like where ive stored them...

forgot i have a headliner in the closet as well...

#871 ·
I believe the weekend of the 2nd we will be doing work on my car at my parents... garage will be full that WHOLE weekend though knowing my luck... [wiggle]

#869 ·
^ i gotta replace the pcv valve in my car. should u replace the hose at the same time or only if its needed? also got an egr valve and tube to put in and a water pump and fuel filter....oh but its still snowing out!! god it needs to warm up NOW!

#870 ·
I only replaced the hose because it was collapsed where it makes the bend coming off the intake. It was fairly simple. Only part that sucked was me having meaty ass hands, trying to move and turn them and twist things down behind the engine. Lol.

#872 ·
haha. i just got done changin my oil...in the snow...i hate that so much lol. btw, does anyone esle not like castrol gtx oil? or is it just me? seems like it get dirty really fast compared to others.

#874 ·
ford motorcraft, yo! [:)]

also, just want to say, i recruited a new wisconsin focus guy today at work! name is mike, he's 19, and has a pretty nice 02 zetec hatch. STS, cold air, header, FSwerks exhaust, ELECTRIC EXHAUST CUTOUT! (sounds like a child is being eaten [shhh]) and black SVT wheels with a blue lip that match his car. oh and eibach sportline's, and he's tucking a 55 series winter tire on his 16" stockers for winter! what the french, toast? haha

he doesnt believe in forums really, or he has never been on one, but i will be having a photoshoot with him soon, and i will post stuff then.. and he promised to come along to g2g's with me [headbang]

-gabe

#881 ·
i usually go with valvoline full synth 5w-30. just got castrol gtx the last 2 time cuz i needed to do oil changes frequently (makin sure no metal is in the system) and im not a fan of it. it was only in there for a little over a week and it just looked bad comin out. went back to valvoline which ive never had a problem with (knocks on wood).

#884 ·
Valvoline is a good syn oil for about 5k change intervals. After that it kinda falls off for the additive packages. I put that in my old ladies car and always have good luck. The additive packages are a little out of date compared to some, but still a decent oil. I use the Napa syn 5w-30 (Valvoline full syn) and it's about 2 bucks cheaper with a different label on it.

I personally run schaeffer's 9000 full syn and go off oil analysis for changes. It's nice to have a machine at the shop I work at. I would recommend that you send the oil out of blackstone labs and go from there. [thumb]

#895 ·
Yes 10am still. Ill send you a FB msg, with a layout of where her apt. is. not sure where it shows you to go but its a crazy maze and you might get lost... ill send you something tonight to help you out lolz...
Typically id say yes, but she has to pay rent and get to a hair apt by 11 so no lunch this weekend [bigcry] sorry bud.

Oh and wheels and wing are packed in the car ready to go! back end of my car is sitting significantly lower then the front lolz

#891 ·
New Milwaukee SVT Owner

So maybe this is the wrong place to ask this question... but does anyone in South East Wisconsin have a stock SVT airbox they would be willing to sell? I just purchased a black 2004 SVT with an AEM intake and the dealer wants to put the intake back to stock to fix a check engine light.

The car has been pulling a 1519 intake runner code. The dsi clip is attached and sometimes functions when the car is first started but then the wire stays lose. The dealer mechanic said they checked the DSI system and that it is working fine so they want to start eliminating potential issues by putting the intake back to stock.

If you've got a stock airbox shoot me a price! Thanks,

Adam

Oh and here is a pic... I believe the car made an appearance on this post a while back. :) http://www.newyearauto.com/cars/sold_image?image=c51ce410c124a10e0db5e4b97fc2af39/12615_1.jpg

#897 ·
So maybe this is the wrong place to ask this question... but does anyone in South East Wisconsin have a stock SVT airbox they would be willing to sell? I just purchased a black 2004 SVT with an AEM intake and the dealer wants to put the intake back to stock to fix a check engine light.

The car has been pulling a 1519 intake runner code. The dsi clip is attached and sometimes functions when the car is first started but then the wire stays lose. The dealer mechanic said they checked the DSI system and that it is working fine so they want to start eliminating potential issues by putting the intake back to stock.

If you've got a stock airbox shoot me a price! Thanks,

Adam

Oh and here is a pic... I believe the car made an appearance on this post a while back. :) http://www.newyearauto.com/cars/sold_image?image=c51ce410c124a10e0db5e4b97fc2af39/12615_1.jpg
Your problem is the DSI actuator, located in the left front attached to the frame rail. Very common problem, and that is what causes that code other than the lever breaking. The cable staying loose confirms that the actuator is bad. An aftermarket air intake will not cause that code, so I don't know where they come up with that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.