Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Focus RS & Focus Cosworth - How much are you willing to pay?

330K views 445 replies 282 participants last post by  BryanPendleton 
#1 ·
If Ford Motor Company brings the Focus RS & Cosworth to North America, would you buy one? If yes, how much are willing to pay?

Also, if you are interested, you can complete the petition below and we'll forward the information to Ford.
Sign Here! Petition to Ford Motor Company

We would also like to hear your opinions, so please feel free to express them here.

See less See more
#127 ·
Ford is going about the wrong startegy with the GT40. Having a premuin compnay car that shows everyone what you want your company should be shouldnt cost over 50k. The reason to make an example car like the GT40 is to get people into showrooms to look at them, and then say "I CANT AFFORD THAT... but...." they'll look at the other cars. I don't know how many GT40s are coming out but i doubt my local ford dealer will have one. Up until now fords vehicle has been the Cobra and if its true they are scaling back on a car that draws alot of attention to the company, i just dont understand their stratagey :[

anyway id pay around 30k for a 300hp awd focus..

#128 ·
Well from what ive heard the new mustang cobra is gonna be exactly what your talking about jaypee, its supposed to rival the vette in every aspect of performance and cost around the same if not a little less.

#130 ·
If Ford (or at least the SVT folks) would make a version with a turbo or supercharger from the factory, I'd seriously consider trading up. I can see paying 20k - 22k for a quality machine. We don't necessarily need AWD, just a little more juice. SVT did a great job with the eaton roots type blower for the mustang and lightning, why not our beloved sport compact?

#133 ·
Well I am a big fan of turbo so I would pay $25k- $29k for the RS only if they can bring the 0-60 down a second or two. As for a costworth $29k -$35k cuz that thing would tear up pretty much anything in its class. About the 350z yeah I see about a handfull of them around, them and them stupid stock subaru's WRX. They dont look great and anyone can buy them and say they are a racer.

#134 ·
I'll keep saying till I die you guys will NEVER get the Euro models in the states for the prices you want, the markets are totally different. Competition means that the US market will simply not pay the price for a Euro RS or ST170. The only way you'll get similar is for them to be built in Mexico or somewhere cheap and have it designed locally based upon the Euro design, very much like the SVT vs ST170 in the end. We will be lucky to see them here in Australia where our prices are higher than yours and where it wouldn't shock so many people. But the Euro RS is no more anyway. Just wait till late this year for the next gen Focus to come out, the MkIII. Should be a cracker with some surprise up it's sleeve!

#135 ·
I don't know if anyone posted this yet and the thread is huge so sorry for repeating what has already been said if so.
The Focus RS is hand built overseas and they are pretty much built to order since they are all sold. In most reviews of the car in European mags they rated the RS in a league above the Civic Type R and even liked it better than the WRX in most cases.
Being in Detroit and going to all the plants there is no way that they could produce that car here at any type of profit. Due to the fact that the ZX3 is made in Mexico the RS would have to be built there and there is no way that the Ford engineers would allow the RS to be built down there due to the quality standards they enforce for the current RS.
Like SydneyZetec said, you will NEVER see the RS here in the states.

There is no scheduled production any more of the SVT, this is due to the new body change and the fact that the Mustang and the F150 have both seen body changes there is nothing on tap for the SVT lines. What is rumored to happen is the SVT line will fade out and will be replaced with "Shelby" versions of such said cars.

Look for it sooner than you think.

www.thexmafia.com

#138 ·
eh, i cant see myself spending more than 18-20 grand on a car... mainly cuz i aint got the moola for anything mroe expensive hehe

#139 ·
ill settle for any focus i dont care what the specs are..i just love the car period.

#140 ·
ZX3_Chick said:
I think it would be sweet if they brought it over here. But there's no way I'd pay over $25K for it. For over $30K I'd take a 350Z.
But yeah if you love that much which I really really love focus'sI would deffinalty go for it!![thumb]

#141 ·
the only other car i would think of buying in the same price range is the wrx sti. but i don't really need a 4 door sedan. i would rather have a little hatchback with uber performance!

#142 ·
I am looking to spend 5 or so grand on proformance parts on my ZX3. If I can get a stock car with that much power I will go for it. Plus if you put some after market stuff on that baby and you will be smoking. I would pay about 30K for a top of the line. I really want that car to come to the true ford owners "americans"!

#145 ·
silveracer said:
I'd be interested in an all wheel drive that can woop the wrx's and the evo's. Those cars are clumsy especially the wrx. The focus is more zippy. I'd go 30 large, provided there is better suspension than the crap in the svt.

Where do you get that the SVT suspension sucks?

I can take a corners a .86 lateral g's. We have to keep in mind that this is an under $20k racecar that has the same stock lateral G's as a stock supra. I would call that a great suspension.... It does have a tendancy to eat front tires but that is easily fixed.

focus specs

#146 ·
Shieet, The cossie would **** up a 350Z anyday, as well as an Evo 8! Price the Cossie at 28k so it competes directly with the Evo8 and STI, even still if they priced it at like 26 or 27k, they would sell like hotcakes, they should just build like an extra 500 or so to make up for the difference that they lose for sellin it cheaper. I don't know any of the specs of the RS, it's still front drive right, or is it AWD? If it's AWD I say 22,500, if it's FWD I say the SVT's current price! That's what they should do, replace the SVT with the damn RS! Anyone have specs on the RS?

#148 ·
You guys lets face it, you know the reality check here is that all of you are whining and you don't seem satisfied. That leaves ford to '' suck '', all I can say is with ford they're a show off. they'll show you cars that will never face production in the states. I mean look at the evo or the sti. They're japanese cars for GODS sakes and look at how much they're selling it for. the srt-4 under $20k. Just think about it, doesnt ford suck, I am just waiting for the 2005 sti cause I don't like cars made in the first year they tend to have recalls. Have you guys seen the civic SI in japan? its totally diffrent then the one here, honda didn't want to bring it here because they thought it would take sales away from the RSX-S vice versa the country where si orginated from is still enjoying it while you americans ain't got shittt from your manufacture. If ford is taking you, not only customers but enthusiast for granted, then I think Its time to draw the line from you guys.

#149 ·
This is Business to ford, they dont care about what you guys wan't. If they can make cheap cars with cheap parts from mexico and sell it for the same price as others, then you know they're still winning. When a company loses sales in the automotive industry or they lack customer intrest of their product from customers then they will try to enhance the product almost to its maximum capacity and then produce it. If still the car isn't selling as expected, then you know its off the market...Just think about the lancer it was enhanced to evo and faced production and kept the lancer from going out off the market. Ford is taking advantage of you because your drolling all over the focus. Once again you guys don't be mad at ford or anybody this is just a matter of business with them, make money the easiest possible way if not then offer a bone to the consumers.

#150 ·
ahahha .. u guys are funny ... but yea ... i would pay for an RS or Cos. ... thats if they had it over hea ... if they did then i would hella regret getting my 04 SVT when i did ... ahhahah ... because i traded my ZX3 in for it ... ehhehehe ... its not bad ... but lost power goin from 2.3 to 2.0 ... tell me the truth ... my ZX3 was hittin 5.9 at the track and my SVT only hits 16 flatt .. and thats all stock ... no nothin ... i was expecting more ... but i guess not ... stats in magazines always lie ... in real life everything is much slower ... *sigh* ...

#151 ·
CHaOz LeGiOn said:
... if they did then i would hella regret getting my 04 SVT when i did ... ahhahah ... because i traded my ZX3 in for it ... ehhehehe ... its not bad ... but lost power goin from 2.3 to 2.0 ... tell me the truth ... my ZX3 was hittin 5.9 at the track and my SVT only hits 16 flatt .. and thats all stock ... no nothin ... i was expecting more ... but i guess not ... stats in magazines always lie ... in real life everything is much slower ... *sigh* ...
I could be wrong but the SVT IS faster, i don't know a unmodded duratec on the road that can touch my SVT..... not to be mean but it could be that u just cannot drive it yet.
1) do you have TCS?
2) are you letteing it rev all the way?
3) is it a 5 door?

If any of these are true then your car is slower than the magazines because the spec out the ZX3 without TCS and it is faster.... as I can beat a euro edition simply because i have no TCS

A cosworth would be wonderful and the I would pay almost as much as a STI subaru... But less because it is slower...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.