Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Focus RS & Focus Cosworth - How much are you willing to pay?

330K views 445 replies 282 participants last post by  BryanPendleton 
#1 ·
If Ford Motor Company brings the Focus RS & Cosworth to North America, would you buy one? If yes, how much are willing to pay?

Also, if you are interested, you can complete the petition below and we'll forward the information to Ford.
Sign Here! Petition to Ford Motor Company

We would also like to hear your opinions, so please feel free to express them here.

See less See more
#332 ·
Depending on what you used it for the MKi Focus in a 300hp AWD platform would be much better than any EVO or STi.

#333 ·
Make it awd with a 2.0 liter engine!
make it compete with the Evo and Sti.
its also a rally car!
so why not?

#346 ·
There is NO Mustang or Camaro (or Corvette) that I would take over a Focus RS (Holy Old Thread, Batman!). It may not be RWD, but it'll still run circles around 'em. Looks better, too.

#339 ·
i'd pay between $25,000 and $30,000. about the same i would for a EVO or STi. and yea they can do more with a mustang or camaro thanks to double the cylinders. but people who love the handling of a focus want the reliability of a factory turbo that they can easily upgrade to be as fast or faster than a mustang or camaro. Its all about personal preference. some people might not like V8's cus adding an exhaust is to loud for them or they hate the crappy handling. 4 cylinders are reliable, and focus's turn on a dime, add a turbo and you got a fierce little beast on your hands that can munch cars that think they're big boys.

#342 ·
Cosworth, mmmmm yummy.

The Cosworth certainly could compete with the EVO and STI market at 2500lbs and AWD, but is there room for another AWD tuner car in the US market? Really how much of the totally market share is controlled by the STI and the EVO buyers? Is the demand enough to pull attention towards Ford's Cosworth bid? The tuner market certainly could/would benefit especially since Cosworth is a recognized name but how long would buying demand hold up is the real question.

I'm not so sure the RS car has a price point in the US market. Definitely a cool car but so was/is the SVT and where is that now?

No AWD is the next step if Ford wants to stretch the Focus platform in the US market. Therefore, I would go as high as $30k for the car because, I like AWD performance (former Audi owner), hatchback practicality, easy to park and I lean towards US cars now.

#343 ·
^ all this is true. but here is the problem.....Ford will not produce and sell a focus that is faster than the mustang. they will refuse to phase out the car they are known for and made popular by. this is the same reason that the SVT focus came out with a performance tuned zetec, rather than the 220hp countour svt v6 they originally thought about using......because with that motor it was faster than a base mustang v8. Those of us craving a turbo hatch made by ford will have to shell out the extra dough for the volvo c30, and hope/pray they come out with a c30r 274hp 26x torque AWD turbo inline 5 model.

thats what im praying for anyway. i love the way the c30 looks and if they come out with an AWD "R" model i will go to the dealership and ask where to sign

#344 ·
focus rs

with the new STI switching to a hatchback format and being very similar in specs to something like the focus RS or cosworth (relatively speaking), we should get a good indication of how such a car would sell here. personally, i think the STI hatch will not sell as well as the sedan. you see the same thing with hondas. i suspect that's why ford doesn't bring the models here.

#347 ·
I think Ford should release the RS in North America just because Ford is an American company and it is stupid not to offer this awesome machine to us. I also think that Ford will need to make a turbo charged four cylinder to compete with the SRT-4 and the Evo 10. It would also be nice to buy a factory turbo charged focus. The biggest issue is that there is a very small market in the U.S. for a four cylinder over $20k - Most people are only willing to pay that much for a SUV or a truck. $30k sounds fair for the RS although it is still out of my price range (I can still keep drooling).

#350 ·
I think the new RS could easily for for around $25K in the U.S., rumor is that the new one will be out 300HP. If they bring a better focus to the U.S., it NEEDS to be AWD..........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.