Focus Fanatics Forum banner

New (to me) daily driver

16K views 138 replies 26 participants last post by  Hal3st0rm 
#1 ·
So I picked up this silver 03 a couple of months ago for my son to use when he got his license. After seeing his class schedule for next year, and knowing all of the after school and sports stuff he's going to be a part of, he won't be able to make the payments working part time. But I just can't give up a good deal either, so I'm keeping it to daily so my Saleen and mustang can sit in the garage. I don't plan on doing much to it (ha ha, ya right), but there are a few things that need to be done before I'll be happy with it.

Drop (of course, no 4x4 please)
Cruise control added (work requires lots of highway time)
Stereo / music (again, highway time)
CA intake
Exhaust
wheels????? (Don't know yet. Might rock the stocks for awhile, might get the revo's off the Saleen repaired and use them.)
Minor things, headlights are hazed, wipers need replaced, that sort of stuff.

I'll update with pics and such as progress is made.

Here's how it sits now.

See less See more
#7 ·
And it starts. Got home from work and couldn't help myself. Removed the reverse lockout and put on my Saleen shift knob. lol

#13 ·
After seeing his class schedule for next year, and knowing all of the after school and sports stuff he's going to be a part of, he won't be able to make the payments working part time.
The trade-off would be you wouldn't have to drive him everywhere. [hihi]

#15 ·
Replaced standard wiper control with delay wipers. It's not much of an update, but it's the little things that matter. lol

And ordered a Kenwood head unit and OEM cruise control setup today. Hoping to have it by friday so I can get it all put in this weekend.

#20 ·
New wheel is going on the Saleen, Saleen wheel is replacing non leather wheel in the 03.

Sent from my Galaxy S II

#23 ·
Another update. Got windows tinted today. Also put on some black side markers. Next on the list is getting the revos media blasted in the next week or two, and getting rubber put on them. Then springs for lows.

Since I forgot to post pics of the cruise and radio, here are those.

And tint and side marker pics

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.