Focus Fanatics Forum banner

MyFord Touch 3.0 Wallpaper Template

142K views 133 replies 50 participants last post by  Chipsta040365 
#1 ·
Hey Guys
I made a Photoshop template for creating MFT wallpapers. I don't have the update yet so everything is based on the PR photos Ford sent out. I hope you guys can confirm for me that everything is in the right place.

Here is the PSD File

See less See more
#4 ·
That's the first wallpaper I've seen that actually looked good to me on the new MFT. Way to use the space. Great job!

#7 ·
Thank You everyone, I hope this helps. Im waiting to see how that background looks on the actual screen. Ive noticed some stepping in the gradient areas on other wallpapers, so hopefully the flare won't look horrible.

Also If anyone out there could confirm for me that this is what the Climate quadrant of MFT looks like on our cars that would be great. I looked around online and this was the best guess I could find. Im mainly curious if anything else is ever displayed in the area or if its just the 2 temps.

Thanks!

#8 ·
It is just the 2 temps. This template looks great! Awesome idea for the wallpaper. Pop over to Justy's MFT wallpaper thread and add it up there as well, I also posted a really basic wallpaper idea that incorporated an icon representing each quadrant in each corner of the screen, maybe you can take my idea and run with it and combine it with what you've done here.

#10 ·
Nicely done, Gullwing ... that'll look great on my screen and should inspire some excellent designs.

[cheers]

#11 ·
Hey everyone!

Just wanted to let you know that depending on your vehicle software configuration, the Performance Upgrade is now available on the Update & Customize page on the SYNC Owner website. For Navigation-equipped vehicle owners, if you choose to download the upgrade, please note you will have a non-functioning Navigation system until you receive the new SD card by mail.

https://secure.syncmyride.com/Own/Modules/UserManagement/Login.aspx

BTW, love the wallpaper,gullwingdmc!

If anyone has questions, let me know.

Jaclyn

#13 ·
I noticed that on the actual car display, the wallpaper is *slightly* off. I'll snap a picture later to show you. I noticed finally when I looked at the middle where the cross goes through, it's centered horizontally, but vertically it's slightly off.

#15 ·
That might be the case still, I'll snap a picture later today. Got sucked into Mass Effect after work today and never looked back, lol.

#22 ·
sweet! I wonder if there's some sort of glow that can be added for the red/green quadrants without muddying up the wallpaper, just something ambient, not necessarily in line with the text displays like the phone/climate since the Nav/Info and Music quadrants can change

#27 ·
Just installed my 3.0 this evening, so here's a photo of it in actual use...

Main issue is the gradients are a bit choppy on screen. I only saved out as PNG so it might be worthwhile trying a JPG version to see if that changes anything. Placement looks pretty good overall.

Sorry for the shoddy photo - just wanted to snap a quick shot w/my phone so you could see it on a real system.

#28 ·
Just installed my 3.0 this evening,
Main issue is the gradients are a bit choppy on screen. I only saved out as PNG so it might be worthwhile trying a JPG version to see if that changes anything. Placement looks pretty good overall.
I hear you about the gradient, I don't thing it's the file format.
The colors seem to washed out in the corners w/ the 3.0 update. It is as if there is a whiteness or grey trying to shine through from behind the colors. I notice this especially in daylight, when the lcd screen is at its brightest. It cheapens the appearance, to me.
2.11 had richer / deeper coloration ... it just plain looked good.

#39 ·
Looks good on the MFT display - only real issue is that the red area seems to be about one line of text too low. And that only shows up when you're using an audio source without presets, obviously.

Also, and it seems to me like the Driver/Passenger text is ever-ever-ever-so-slightly not centered under the numbers... but that might just be a little OCD kicking in. [8]

#40 ·
Since I'm liking this background so much, I played around with the template to add only the Climate labels to it...

EDIT - due to the opacity mask the MFT software adds to any background, the text is a bit too gray for my liking. I'm going to have to play around with it.

#45 ·
Looks good gullwing, keep up the good work! I think the green circle will show a subtle "halo" around the compass at night.

[/URL][/IMG]

#47 ·
Thanks. I wish I could have made the glow bigger, but then it would have run off the edge. Also it seems the non nav MFTs have a bigger compas. On the nav versions it is much smaller, or at least it appears that way in some pics I have seen on here. When I updated the template earlier today I included both sizes just in case.

Feta_mgp I tried playing around with one like that, but at times there was so much on screen it was hard to tell what the icon was, particularly in the entertainment quad. Nav and climate were easy (map & thermometer) but for phone I couldn't find anything that looked good, and entertainment was tough too.

#46 ·
Awesome gullwingdmc! that's exactly what I was suggesting!

Next suggestion, not necessarily to add more to this wallpaper... but an idea incorporating an icon or symbol in each corner, color coded or not, that represents the quadrant would be cool

#53 ·
Thanks for the new creations! The ability to customize the home screen is one of the things I like about MFT.

[cheers]

#54 ·
Anyone have any idea why my pics made in PhotoShop CS2 aren't accepted by MFT? If you're using that program, how are you saving your jpg's?

I made one with another pic editor and seemed to work ok. (Although I couldn't crop it to the right size with that very basic program.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.