Focus Fanatics Forum banner

New (to me) daily driver

16K views 138 replies 26 participants last post by  Hal3st0rm 
#1 ·
So I picked up this silver 03 a couple of months ago for my son to use when he got his license. After seeing his class schedule for next year, and knowing all of the after school and sports stuff he's going to be a part of, he won't be able to make the payments working part time. But I just can't give up a good deal either, so I'm keeping it to daily so my Saleen and mustang can sit in the garage. I don't plan on doing much to it (ha ha, ya right), but there are a few things that need to be done before I'll be happy with it.

Drop (of course, no 4x4 please)
Cruise control added (work requires lots of highway time)
Stereo / music (again, highway time)
CA intake
Exhaust
wheels????? (Don't know yet. Might rock the stocks for awhile, might get the revo's off the Saleen repaired and use them.)
Minor things, headlights are hazed, wipers need replaced, that sort of stuff.

I'll update with pics and such as progress is made.

Here's how it sits now.

See less See more
#99 ·
ive been looking for like a high mileage svt for a daily. my 01 zx3 is built and boosted I have a mazda 3 I use for daily but I wanna conserve the miles more for higher trade in value for perhaps an ST in the future or an STI

#103 ·
I do have one. Just waiting to figure out how I want to do the turn signals before I put it on.

This is a good thing. How 'bout a sts now?
Definitely on the list. Waiting for a good deal to come up in the BST.

Great looking focuses man ;) Wish I can buy a saleen one day :)
There are some good deals on them out there. You just have to dig a little.

#107 ·
No. When I put on the upper Euro grill, I plan on getting a lower fog-less euro from Bat inc.

#108 ·
Because this car doesn't get to sit in the garage like my others, I have a problem with my all aluminium shift knob and extreme temperatures. If it sits in the heat, my hand burns. If it sits in the cold, my hand freezes. So I decided to replace it with a leather knob from a late model mustang.

#117 ·
A couple of weeks ago, I was working in the garage and noticed a good size hole in my grill. I either hit something while driving, or someone kicked it in. I swapped it out with my cheap knockoff hoffelle grill, and I was very disappointed. I'm lucky I got the thing so cheap, cause it was junk. Didn't fit right, mount holes off. Just a bad deal all around. So I ordered an oem style grill to replace it, but I went with clear turn signals instead of the amber. I'm very pleased with the result.

#119 ·
Yes orange bulbs. And a pic of the knockoff, which is now probably on its way to the local landfill, because the trash truck came by this morning. lol Very poorly made.

#121 ·
Trust me. You wouldn't have wanted it. The fitment was all wrong. To reach the hood latch, I had to wedge my hand in over the top of the grill and curl my fingers under the top. It was warped that bad.

#123 ·
I like the look too. But if I decide to go that route later, I'm going with something that's better quality. You get what you pay for and all that.

#124 ·
New steeda short shifter. Got it installed this morning.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.