My 03 SVT - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-05-2013, 07:44 PM   #11
littleseed
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 116033
What I Drive: 2003 Red SVT ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 littleseed Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yup I plan on taking care of it, but doesn't mean I can't have a little fun as well lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2013, 08:29 PM   #12
swansong
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83576
What I Drive: 2008 Saab 9-3 Aero SportCombi XWD

FF Reputation: 10 swansong Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
There's a few things that conspire against the SVT in launch situations: low torque, tall first great, goofy stock tune, and non-defeatable traction control below 25 mph, if equipped.

Contacting Tom (1turbofocus) for a tune will help with these and many other issues.

For exhaust, I suggest Borla.
For intake, a K&N filter will give you the same gains as a CAI, that is, very little sadly.
I've heard some negative things about the Eibach Pro Kit, it's cheap in both senses of the word.

Your best option for the dark headlight look, while maintaining good light output and reliability, is to paint the inserts on the stock Machs you've got. Here's mine:

Looks like you've got a great starting point to work with though! Nice car
Gone: 2002 SVT, #1654

Hers: 2010 Focus SES: 73k, Ebony, Auto, Moon and Tune
Old 07-06-2013, 12:44 PM   #13
littleseed
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 116033
What I Drive: 2003 Red SVT ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 littleseed Good Standing Member
Thanks for the suggestions! I veered away from the eibach kit, bought some megan lowering springs. Not sure if I will like them, but if I don't, I'll just throw them on my girlfriends car. Any suggestions on what struts to use and tophats? Where do I get a Borla exhaust? f
Old 07-06-2013, 01:12 PM   #14
Jack The Ripper
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 81179
What I Drive: '04 SVT ZX5 & '10 Mustang V6

FF Reputation: 1 Jack The Ripper Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleseed View Post
Any suggestions on what struts to use and tophats? Where do I get a Borla exhaust? f
Any struts/shocks combo on this page will work perfectly except the Eibach's. They've been known to fail prematurely.

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/S...4&autoModClar=

As for the Borla exhaust, it does retail brand new for a little over $600. If cost is an issue your best bet is to wait it out and check the Buy Sell Trade section religiously. I've seen them go there for around average like $350. All though the Borla exhaust is a great one, personally, I would suggest shopping around and checking out some videos on YouTube, as there are plenty of other quality exhausts that sound great and can be had for a much less price tag.
SoCal Crew #666
Old 07-06-2013, 10:33 PM   #15
swansong
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83576
What I Drive: 2008 Saab 9-3 Aero SportCombi XWD

FF Reputation: 10 swansong Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
The struts to get would depend on the drop and spring rates of the springs. My guess is Koni Yellows would work nicely.

Yeah certainly shop around and check out YouTube for exhausts. Borla is quite expensive new, but used deals can be found. I personally like it the best, so I bought it, but there are a lot of good choices our there.
Gone: 2002 SVT, #1654

Hers: 2010 Focus SES: 73k, Ebony, Auto, Moon and Tune

Bookmarks & Social Networks