Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Crice8 Car Audio System Build Thread

8K views 66 replies 10 participants last post by  freemind 
#1 · (Edited)
I decided to make a thread to make updates to every time I change up my setup which I do way too often lol. I want louf then I want SQ then I go back and forth haha. But here is my current setup:
2 RE SE-X 10's in custom ported box(2.8cuft tuned at 34hz)
Mb Quart ONYX 1000.1
Mb Quart ONYX 60.4
Audio Control LC6i
2 Shuriken BT-45's
1 Shuriken BT-20
0 gauge AudioTechnix wiring
TONSSSS Of sound deadener(the good stuff lol)

See less See more
#7 ·
Do you have the other BT45 up front? How did it fit? How do you like it? Gotta get a new front battery soon and was thinking about the BT45.

Thinking a Powerware 75AH will fit up front. Length 10.27/Width 6.82/Height 8.82

#8 ·
That is where it is going to go lol for now it is sitting here in my closet floor awaiting install. I haven't had free time to do it, since I will have to take off my stress way also for the install. As for fitment it is just a hair smaller than the stock size battery, so there should be no issues with it fitting.

#10 ·
There is NVX and Dynamat extreme for the most part. NVX is a newer brand that I decided to give a try last year, and it is a great quality product. If you are looking for a awesome brand for the price though I highly suggest Audio Technix!!! I think I am going to buy a bunch of AudioTechnix and do a 3rd layer to my trunk and doors just to go overboard.

As for where I put it, My entire trunk(every inch) including the lid, and the top of the trunk has 2 layers, then my doors and under the back seats to the front seats

#13 ·
#15 ·
Thanks guys! Yeah I always had kenwood headunits in my truck in highschool then I got my focus. I guess I will just sell my LC6 and get an aftermarket headunit haha. More options and better consistency of output when switching from sources such as aux/cd/radio/satellite

#18 ·
Here is my next question for you guys(=
If I get the x996, what all specific parts(make sure and tell me everything) will I need to install it and retain my Sirius Satellite radio?

I know the following so far, but I do not know the exact models for the wiring interface.
Dash repalcement
radio antenna adpater(what model??)
wiring harness(what model??)
satellite adapter(what model??)
and what else will I need?

#20 ·
looking real good, was gonna ask how you sealed it up. most people tape off the trunk with masking tpe and trash bags and then fil the gaps with expanding foam. ive heard that gorilla tape is a great way to do it to though.

if you go with crutchfeild or sonixelectronics for buying your deck then they will list all the acc they sell for that car and deck. should list the needed wire harnesses for the sat radio. i got my pioneer deh 80prs from crutchfeild and it came with the dash kit, wire harness and antanne adapter for free with free shipping all the way here to alaska.

#21 ·
Thanks man! And to seal it I didn't want to use the crappy expanding foam method... Even as messy as it is it won't get every little crevice. I used normal gorilla tape and extra wide gorilla tape. Then I stuff air conditioner foam in all of the seams also to help seal it off really good.

#27 ·
Haha thanks man,
I tried to keep it clean. Any pointers for when the setup is firing towards you? I'm still getting used to the different sound of sealed from the trunk firing toward me rather than the SQ maintained by firing it at the trunk.

#30 ·
After adjusting my amp this morning now I have the output I was expecting from the sundowns lol both with SQ and sheer pressure and raw power... I knew somthing wasn't right because my re se-x subs hit harder and sounded better than these sundowns. turns out I forgot to turn my LC6i back to the correct gain settings and it was turned almost all the way down sending a very weak signal to my amps. turned it to right under its maximized setting as you are supposed to and readjusted my amp with this.. dayummmm sundown subs are some beasts haha

#32 ·
#34 ·
The 996 Chase. You want all the processing power that you can get for your money.

#36 ·
well if your port is sealed off in the trunk and subs are in the cabin then sealing it off is counter productive lol

You have to have the port and subs firing forward for it to work.

Also guys should I get the Kenwood X996 or Kenwood X997?

#38 ·
It sucks that you can't find 8v preouts any longer. That's one of many reasons why I love my deck!

#40 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.