Focus Fanatics Forum banner

what is your rival

6K views 66 replies 40 participants last post by  Oni 
#1 ·
since i start putting my car on the drag strip. its been one car that always gets on my nerves. Grand Prix GTP. have no problem with non-superchaged. funny, that was my dream car when i was in high school. everytime it tend to walk me down. "post tom", it edge me out in the 1/8th mile. now, take them off the line untill past 1/8th mark then they just creap a car lenth on me. whats yours??

#3 ·
Well, if you mean it like whats my Elenor, it would have to be this guy that rides around town in this later model Z-28, white, with some mods. The guy looks like he is probably my age (mid-30's) and have run across him several times. Everytime we meet, he gets me because i will miss second every single time. I almost never miss a gear, but against him, everytime. Ill jump him about 1/2 a car and miss second and its over from there.lol. Pleanty of wins and some losses, but this one i cant figure out, every.....stinking.....time, lol.

#4 ·
ya just imagine that one future day when catch second n u spank em. then what u gonna do. u'll have no one to "want to beat" anymore lol

#5 ·
Nah, he'll just have to make it through the gears faster then. My "rival" is this souped-up Geo Metro that has the 6" can on the end and enough stickers to make me think it goes fast as all hell. Those 13" wheels are bad ass too. Real monster there! [paranoid]

[thumb]

#6 ·
my rival is this Civic Si, the kid can't drive it for shit, i've beaten him once, but the other two times we raced i [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] up the launch

#7 ·
I have a very aggravatingly fast Mini Cooper S that keeps beating me in G Stock at the autocross, but then again he's got R-comps. I figure if I am within 1-2 seconds of his best time that I actually drove with more skill...

#11 ·
This dude down the street in an 01 Boxter. I have him until about 40, then he pulls away. I have not 1/4 this car yet, but I know its capable of running 13s. Seems like I should be able to take him...gets aggravating.

#12 ·
wow, you guys seem like you have somebody in mind. but not for me! for some reason nobody want to race or play with me. maybe i'm not ricey enough for this part of the country!

#14 ·
^^^lol, id say no one really, cuz well all the fast cars are to fast for me, and theires tons of ole granny cars, which sadly, are faster then me, i like racing other 8v cars like neons and such, i put a good lickin on em tho

#15 ·
For me..? Not really a racing situation. There is a kid in town who owns a ZX3 in black. Non SVT, just plain ol. Has a rice exhaust, some stickers for parts he doesnt have, and a painted yellow interior. OH and some kind of "top secret" cai, or thats just what he calls it. But I have no intention of racing. I even tried talking to him to get him to see the light (this website) and he jus laughed at me and called my ride [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]. Best part was his friend beside him laughed and said "man, your car doesnt even have rims" to him. I just smile and walked away. But everytime I see the guy my blood boils, and I cant explain why!?

#16 ·
i dont have a rival either..it would be cool though... for somereason i lay waste to any n/a 4 cyl car in town. (even though i've been without my car for almost a month :( )

but hey dont dog on the guy for having a grand prix as his dream car... back when i knew NOTHING about cars and i was like 13....my dream car was a.... .... new vw beetle [paranoid]

#18 ·
GTPs are the shiz. Easy to get good power out of an L67 engine.

I guess I really don't have any rivals at the moment, but I have a feeling that in about two weeks..no wait, not a feeling...I KNOW in about two weeks there are going to be many sad Z28s around here..LT1 or LS1, the focus is not forgiving of weakness....:D

#19 ·
my rival is a 98-00 prelude SH... raced the dude 4 times in the back road twisties going home from work every other night.... i can hang wit him til the straight then he walks... after that i cant keeps up, every corner i hit he's at the next corner!! pisses me off, i wish i was more skillful at driving..

#21 ·
Seriously, for me it's a 1995 Geo Metro. This little old lady drives it and she keeps getting all hard with me at the Winn Dixie, revving her engine and putting in grocerys.

One time I sped past her and she pulled her glasses down and mouthed "someone should spank you" really meanly.

#23 ·
One of the car guys I hang out with.....he has an '03 civic with a B16A swap....we are dead even......he recently got a 4-1 header, and I think he got a little slower though. We went from a stop to 2nd gear, and I was pulling on him. I missed 3rd, so I don't know about after 2nd gear.....I will try again later [;)]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.