Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2006 ZX4 CD player replacement...

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  freemind 
#1 ·
Hi there- I tried checking through the archives here and couldn't find a specific thread to help me out...but, my ZX4 CD player recently stopped working. Previously, 1/4 of my discs wouldn't work unless I kept ejecting and re-inserting until things got going. Then, whatever mechanism usually grabs the CD and pulls it all the way in seemed to stop working altogether. It feels like I'm pushing a disc against resistance now. If I force a CD all the way in anyway, it does eject when I push the button.

I don't know anything about this kind of thing, but I feel like this is an easy DIY fix? I could use an aftermarket CD player from WalMart, I don't really care :). Is it as simple as buying a replacement for $60 and plugging in a few wires? Thanks [headbang]

#2 ·
Well if you have a junk yard near you or find someone selling there oem one here, that would be a cheap alternative. I bought a 6 disc version for 30 and sold my single disc for 20. Ebay sells them at a crazy high mark up, so dont buy there. It would be a straight unplug the old one and plug in the new one.

You will most likely need a wire harness to connect the aftermarket unit to your stock wires/connection. Our cars use a double din style unit, so if you get a single din, you will need another piece to fill the gap and mount the single din unit.

www.crutchfield.com will have all the info you need, just type in your car information. You dont have to shop there or anything but it will list what parts you need for whatever head unit you want to go with and is a good resource

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.