Focus Fanatics Forum banner

stealthzx3's ZX3 build

120K views 1K replies 45 participants last post by  zx3_bmxrider 
#1 ·
alright, so this will be my on-going build thread. i've always been fascinated with cars since a was a little kid. after my first Toyota threw a rod, i was driving a 99' Chevy metro. then one day, my dad found my 2001 ZX3 on craigslist for 1,200. i called the owner and talked to them about buying it. so i held my breath, and sold my metro and borrowed a little extra cash from my mom to buy the Focus.
my dad and I drove an hour to go check it out. we took it for a test drive, and i almost immediately fell in love with it. it was compact yet comfortable, and very fun to drive. somehow we walked away with it for $900. it sat in the garage because it needed a heater core flush (it was winter), oil change, fresh coolant, and 2 tires. eventually, my dad got annoyed of me driving his minivan because he was stuck with a dodge ram getting under 20mpg. so he bought me 2 new tires and paid for registration.
i loved driving it around, because i felt like a bada$$ compared to driving in that metro, lol. i remember going on a Tercel forum and learning about my car; that's when i found FocusFanatics :D

after that, i started painting the interior pieces, because that's the only thing i could afford.

one day, i picked up a can of the VHT Niteshades. i did my bumper and grille signals.
don't mind the eyelids here, i got bored and made them out of electrical tape LOL

i also debadged it, but i don't have a shot of that right away. i eventually figured out how to open my hatch (hatch button doesn't work and the key doesn't fit in) and nite-shaded my tails.

looking around in the how-to archive, i found the Hope Depot grille. i made the upper and lower and painted them black.

i just got a debit card in my name, so i ordered my first thing. the blue LED dome light.

i got around to getting 2 cans of plasti-dip. i took off the crappy electrical tape and painted real eyelids on. then i found time to plastidip my wheels too.

looking around for a sleeker looking antenna than just cutting the stock antenna in half, i found the antenna stub. 2 vacuum plugs on the stock base. i think it looks cleaner.

i recently bought a damaged SVT wing which i need to fix up and install.

today, i plasti-dipped the vent surrounds and handles to switch it up a bit.

this is how she sits now. i have a lot of mods in mind.

i'm taking it pretty slow for now, as i have to support my girlfriend and I with a minimum wage job.
i have many ideas for the future, and thankfully, i have the "focus graveyard" somewhat close to get nice parts.
thanks for taking the time to read this, and i will post new mods when it happens. [:D]

See less See more
#1,003 ·
the whole thing may be necessary to fit the tb and everythign. i know it all mounts in the same points.

#1,005 ·
yeah it all mounts in the same place. but the intake tube is plastic, so i don't know how i would mount it?

Man those LED's look great... what does adrst2.3 charge for that? I might have to pull the trigger on them sometime..

That Kona is quite nice, but I still say keep tinkering with yours until you find a good SVT.
he charges $100 shipped for everything. which is a reasonable price

yes the kona is beautiful.. and i think i made up my mind to keep nightfury and build it up, like you said, until i find an svt. but i won't be that guy at meets with a unique car. just another slow zx3. lol

the problem is, he keeps sending me pics.. :(

#1,004 ·
Man those LED's look great... what does adrst2.3 charge for that? I might have to pull the trigger on them sometime..

That Kona is quite nice, but I still say keep tinkering with yours until you find a good SVT.

#1,009 ·
mix colors.. why not.. i have green with hints of purple here and tehre... but they are secret.. bahahahaha

#1,011 ·
i like that idea.
my buddy had blue and red on diff switches.. and then would make purple when he saw cops. hahaha

#1,024 ·
thanks fellas. i'm actually getting lucky and getting this all for a rediculous price..
no kona for me, i can live with it. i'll try to find the rack when i get the funds for sure. i would like the floor mats as well. and stephen you had a pretty hefty birthday present list yourself [poke] [hihi]

#1,033 ·
What did I get? I forget...lol gf leaving me made me forget. I know euro rear but I thought that was it. Oh and ryan bought me a lip. But that wont be put on until I get a good front bumper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.