Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2005 ZX4 ST build

15K views 69 replies 20 participants last post by  PittsburghZX4ST 
#1 · (Edited)
First, I'd like to say Hey everyone!
This is my first post and I hope I'm doing everything right.

Some quick info on the car..
-2005 Zx4 ST
-88,000 miles
-manual

I picked up my Zx4 ST after a bad accident. I just bought it to have a car while I fixed my Eclipse, but ended up selling the Eclipse because I was so pleased with my newly acquired hot rod. [hihi]
About a month ago, I decided I wanted to start doing some work to it.

At first I wanted to do just cosmetic stuff. (Interior lights, Caliper paint, tinted windows/tail lights) But then I found this site and everyone seemed so cool and devoted towards their Focus that it kinda motivated me.

I'm not sure if anyone would like updates but I will be definitely putting some cash into my ST. So if you guys would wanna see some updates with pictures and stuff I'd be glad to provide.

Ignore the extremely dirty Rims..

Currently All I have installed is a K&N FIPK performance wise, but any recommendation of what you think/would want to see done I will consider.

What I plan on doing so far in order (probably)

- ̶A̶u̶t̶o̶l̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶1̶0̶4̶'̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶w̶i̶r̶e̶s̶.̶ ̶
-W̶i̶n̶d̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶i̶n̶t̶/̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶p̶a̶i̶n̶t̶i̶n̶g̶
-starfuryt550's interior light swap
-2.5" exhaust (not sure on brand yet)
-Balance shaft delete
-Suspension lowering kit (coilovers?)/New wheels/20 or 30 mm wheel spacers
-stress bar/front and rear sway bars
-Slotted rotors (maybe)
-Engine mounts
-Cam gears
-Tune
-New paint job maybe?

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks!

See less See more
#45 ·
Alright I am gonna be a super noob right now. But if I was to purchase a ST or just a sedan(plans this summer as a second car) can I just buy some lowering springs to drop it 1.5ish inches? I would do it mostly for looks. I think stock they sit way to high.

Ok, done being a noob. : )

#46 ·
Yep. Pretty much every name brand suspension company (H&R, Eibach, Tein, etc) will sell some type of lowering spring. I think Eibach has a set right around 170$ that lowers the front 1.4" and the rear 1/5".
I'm not sure where everyone else buys stuff from, but http://www.tirerack.com/index_w.jsp has a good range of products to choose from and they have pretty fair prices.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.