Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Tire Kingdom

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  focusonthefocus 
#1 ·
I am presently in hatred with Tire Kingdom. Back in Feb. I got BFG g-force sport tires through them when they were on sale in Tampa where i go to college. Paid $550 or so for all 4 mounted, balanced, and for the lifetime balance/rotate dealy they have. Well, on April 29th I had come home for the Steeda Focus day in Ft Lauderdale. I decided to change my oil because I had just bought Royal Purple and wanted to try it out. I had only put about 2500 miles on the car since late Feb when i got the tires. Go to take the passenger side front tire off and change the oil (it gives me room under there and gave me a chance to clean out the inside of the rim). What do I find? One of the lugs is stripped. Well, i was mad and thought that with a little more force it would come off.......no, the lug bolt itself twisted off! Furious I went down the road after putting 3 lugs back to the local tire kingdom. They fixed it for me, but because they couldnt reach the Tampa tire kingdom I had to pay for it ($106 i didnt have...) and reconcile when i got back up to tampa. Bright and early monday morning I went in up in tampa and talked to the manager and he said he would take care of it. 4 weeks later I finally got the check.

Now I am back down in Ft Lauderdale. In the last month and a half i have put 3500 miles on my car with the royal purple, so i changed my oil. Guess what? a differnt lug is stripped!!!! this time it twisted off but i am not threading it back on. My dad is going to come home and look at it before I go in and have the [:)][:)][:)][:)] heads over at tire kingdom look at it.

Anyone else have problems like this, or am I the only one to have tire kingdom screw up 2 lugs in a matter or months? I almost want them to give me back all my money and the tires and i will go else where to find tires. How do you strip 2 lugs? How? over worked and under paid workers dont care, the just use their "blast all nuts off/on" air tools and dont take the time to thread the lugs. [?|] [?|] [?|] [}:)]

rant is over!

See less See more
#2 ·
wow, that is rough, sorry man.

but how is the royal purple oil treating you?

#3 ·
pretty decent. When i changed my oil today I didnt have the $$ to get royal so i got regular old motorcraft, but the next time i change it im putting royal purple in. Sometime I need to change my tranny fliud. Yeah its a MTX 41k miles, but i want to put this royal purple syncromax in. With that and royal purple motor oil i should feel a difference in power, albiet slight.

#5 ·
yeah, i didnt feel like dealing with tire kingdom so once my dad got off work we went to advance auto and picked up for $8 a pack of 4 lug nuts and 2 wheel lugs themselves (wanted to have a backup incase this happens again at a different time of day since it seems to re-occur all the time with these people). Took 10 min to change, and the caliper has a hole for the lug to pop right through so that rotor didnt need to be taken off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.