Focus Fanatics Forum banner

What rear shock mounts do I need?

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Stanley Rockafella 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

After purchasing my 07 Focus, I noticed that the rear shock ssound like they are loose at the top. After doing some digging, I realized that the upper mounts could be bad as per this post:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157728

I'm not sure which mounts to order, and when I called my local dealer, without the VIN, they were useless to me and said there were about 3 different configurations it could be.

Anyone know which ones i need? Also, anyone know a place online i can get them with (or without) the shims as mentioned in the above link?

thanks in advance

#4 ·
When I installed my Eibach sportline system, I just used the shock bushings w/ a metal washer w/ nylock & deleted the oem ford shock bushing. IDK why ford went to all that trouble.

#5 ·
Well last night I installed my new rear mounts. After adjusting them to not be over-tightened, it's MUCH quieter in that car! Sooooo much nicer driving it now! Took me a couple of times of adjusting, but after that I'm happy.

I was able to get the mounts for $5 each at my local Ford dealership. Install time was about 20 minutes since I didn't have a crescent wrench.

When installing the new ones, I made sure to only tighten down the nut until I could count 5 threads with my finger nail. This was less than what the original ones looked like, but I'm sure that it'll ensure I won't have to do this job again

Now I just gotta find some nice red splash guards to keep this beast clean!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.