Passenger Mount Question - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-20-2013, 01:41 AM   #21
tmittelstaedt
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 108093
What I Drive: 2001 Red Focus SE Street Edition

Points 233, Level 4
Points: 233, Level: 4 Points: 233, Level: 4 Points: 233, Level: 4
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 tmittelstaedt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Look guys, I posted what the dealer pays for this part - Andy is paying about $55 and selling it for $80 - he makes $25 on it. And all the time he puts into ordering, stocking, and reading and responding to e-mails - well he's not really making a killing on this.

This is why some of the local dealers just sell at list. They figure hell with it, I don't want to bother with the DIYers. They know the local mechanics are just going to pay whatever and pass the cost to their customers.

I'm just saying that when you go to the discount dealers and go completely through the transaction online on their website, and don't call them, your helping their bottom line - because your not costing them time - this helps them to stay in business - and it helps us to continue to be able to buy these parts at a discount.

So please don't resent it when they ask you to use their websites.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2013, 02:42 AM   #22
Milton
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89715
What I Drive: 2007 Black Focus SES 2.0 L4 4 Door

Points 290, Level 5
Points: 290, Level: 5 Points: 290, Level: 5 Points: 290, Level: 5
Level Up 80% Completed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 8 Milton Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmittelstaedt View Post
Look guys, I posted what the dealer pays for this part - Andy is paying about $55 and selling it for $80 - he makes $25 on it. And all the time he puts into ordering, stocking, and reading and responding to e-mails - well he's not really making a killing on this.
So please don't resent it when they ask you to use their websites.
I don't resent it at all, just was not given any understanding as to the process.

So if I understand it:
- first one of these Ford dealers "sponsor" your membership at the Ford parts web site
- there after you can order parts from Ford at the discount

Is that the general process?

Just trying to understand.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:13 AM   #23
sailor
"Elder"

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

Points 11,119, Level 69
Points: 11,119, Level: 69 Points: 11,119, Level: 69 Points: 11,119, Level: 69
Level Up 68% Completed
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Forum Activity 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
FF Reputation: 76 sailor Excellent Standing Member
I don't think that's exactly how it works, I looked at the Village Ford site through the link here as far as the parts lookup area, where it goes to a Ford site for the computer parts list and asks you to put in the Dealer you want to use. I saw Village Ford on the right as an option to "click" at that point, so that would be the next step.

Didn't notice if they called it "sponsor dealer" at that point, I'm thinking the button he mentions comes up later after you pick what you want and get back to the dealer's area to finish ordering after using the Ford Parts computer to find what you need.

Didn't want to try running through it all since I don't have anything to order right now!

I can see how it looks like you're going right through Ford for the part, why don't you post the question asking for the EXACT steps in the Village Ford section here?

Last edited by sailor; 03-20-2013 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Add
Old 03-20-2013, 04:32 AM   #24
sailor
"Elder"

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

Points 11,119, Level 69
Points: 11,119, Level: 69 Points: 11,119, Level: 69 Points: 11,119, Level: 69
Level Up 68% Completed
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Forum Activity 99%
FF Reputation: 76 sailor Excellent Standing Member
From what I read in the Village section, after the point I got to already there's a place to register for "myfordparts.com/Village Ford", and i see i missed the 'contest' for the first folks to register there.....
Old 03-20-2013, 02:21 PM   #25
Dardas
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107673
What I Drive: 2005 Saab 9-3 Turbo 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 Dardas Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I dont understand why there isnt a specific link on the villageford website for THEIR parts.. cuz when i click on the part departments link like you said, it directs you to the ford website. pretty confusing. I will try adding the dealer like you mentioned and troubleshoot my way through it
Old 03-23-2013, 10:34 AM   #26
choate
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103130
What I Drive: 2006 maroon zx4

FF Reputation: 3 choate Good Standing Member
Holy motor mount Batman. I watched a very good video on YouTube on how this is done last night and decided I was going to just do it in my garage so I went out and got started. Job went very smooth but I was a little paranoid once it was all back together that when I started the car the engine was going to fall out or something, but when I turned that key something amazing happened...The car fired up and ZERO vibration. I couldn't hardly believe it. It's amazing. If your car vibrates you def need a new passenger motor mount. I used to get the steering wheel shaking a little, mirrors blurry, sounded like a bunch of pennies were behind the dash, noise coming from the doors etc but now, there is seriously no vibration whatsoever. Just a perfectly smooth running car. Thanks to everyone for the help
Team Duratec #29
Old 03-23-2013, 11:13 AM   #27
felixthecat
w/ my magic bag

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Points 11,453, Level 70
Points: 11,453, Level: 70 Points: 11,453, Level: 70 Points: 11,453, Level: 70
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 99%
FF Reputation: 62 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by choate View Post
I went through Tousley Ford. Part was $72 and some change plus shipping that is TBD but I can't imagine it would be more than $20.00. My local dealer was $110 plus tax.
Thats what I did also, when I ordered my torsen. Hit up Steve at Toulsey.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mixBigger brakes then you- D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 03-23-2013, 07:27 PM   #28
Milton
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89715
What I Drive: 2007 Black Focus SES 2.0 L4 4 Door

Points 290, Level 5
Points: 290, Level: 5 Points: 290, Level: 5 Points: 290, Level: 5
Level Up 80% Completed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 8 Milton Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by choate View Post
Holy motor mount Batman. I watched a very good video on YouTube on how this is done last night and decided I was going to just do it in my garage so I went out and got started. Job went very smooth but I was a little paranoid once it was all back together that when I started the car the engine was going to fall out or something, but when I turned that key something amazing happened...The car fired up and ZERO vibration. I couldn't hardly believe it. It's amazing. If your car vibrates you def need a new passenger motor mount. I used to get the steering wheel shaking a little, mirrors blurry, sounded like a bunch of pennies were behind the dash, noise coming from the doors etc but now, there is seriously no vibration whatsoever. Just a perfectly smooth running car. Thanks to everyone for the help
I agree, when I replaced the motor mounts on my daughter's 2007 SES, it went from sounding like it was headed for the junk yard to that like new, smooth ride. It makes such a HUGE difference that its a very rewarding repair. Made me a hero with the daughter!
Old 03-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #29
Dardas
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107673
What I Drive: 2005 Saab 9-3 Turbo 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 Dardas Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I found out my mount had cracked and it was less than 3 months old. it was still under warranty so i got it fixed for free, i wasnt able to get the motorcraft but there is very little vibration now not significant for me to get a motorcraft one and i didnt have to pay extra. i believe when i had the mount replaced the first time is was cracked when the installed it because it was worse than the old one. as of now, it is no longer a concern.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.